Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Snowmobile Lounge (https://forums.off-road.com/snowmobile-lounge/)
-   -   Arcit Cat or Polaris? (https://forums.off-road.com/snowmobile-lounge/52108-arcit-cat-polaris.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 01-09-2001 09:42 AM

Arcit Cat or Polaris?

What do you think about these to companies. What is better out of these two. Lets here what you've got to say.

Crack the throttle and hold on

**DONOTDELETE** 01-09-2001 03:11 PM

Re: Arcit Cat or Polaris?

I have been riding Polaris with excellent luck for the past 5 years. I put about 2500 miles on snowmobiles each year. Most of my friends have went to the Polaris (RMK 700's and 600's). Polaris has treated us all very well and gets my vote!

portgrinder 01-09-2001 04:28 PM

polaris all the way. arctic cats burn too much gas for real outback mountain riding. i had some friends that sold their powder 6's because they had to turn home before everyone else. cats also have a unreliable reputation, but they are improving. polaris on the other hand crafts some mighty impressive sleds and is at or neer the top of their class in every catagory. yes cats do well in pro snowcross but they have full time mechanics. if one looks in the lower ranks skidoo and polari have a much more apparent presence

**DONOTDELETE** 01-09-2001 04:51 PM

I'd have to say go with Polaris....Last year I had a ZR600. I liked it, that I admit. It was quick, good to handle, and looked sharp. But they do need work to keep going. Also every arctic cat dealer that I have delt with are terrible!!! I do like the sleds.....but for the pain they cause and the people who you have to deal with, it's not worth it.
This year I went with a new polaris xcsp 800. It seems to be a nice sled, but I'm having some problems with it too. The good thing is that the dealer is real cool, so I don't mind having to take it to him. I'd say go with polaris hands down...

good luck,

mr black.

**DONOTDELETE** 01-12-2001 07:40 AM

Though they are both nice machines I would have to go with the Polaris, What I have seen is the Polaris has needs less work.

**DONOTDELETE** 01-12-2001 12:56 PM

from my experience i would have to say polaris for sure!!!!!
cats spend way to much time in the shop

**DONOTDELETE** 01-14-2001 06:23 PM

POLARIS all the way man! I have been riding polaris for years and i have always had great service and they treat you the way you want to be treated, Its the only way to go!
Thats my 2 cents!
Nick

**DONOTDELETE** 01-15-2001 06:59 PM

My dad has an xc 600 and i have a zr 600 and i kick his butt every time but I will never have problems with either of them cause i take care of them, thats all you have to do and they will both be the same.

Win if you can,
loose if you must but....
always cheat!