ZL500 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 10:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ZL500

anybody got kind of a blubber at 7000 rpm on a 500 cat? the sled has excellent response goes good from 5000 to 6500 then from 6500 to about 7500 theres a slow response kind of blubbering sound untill after 7500 then it goes like hell! this is around half throttle.i was thinking one of three things; carb sync(but i've checked it and it seems good),reeds or the primary clutch(which is what i'm guessing). any comments would be apreciated ,thanks.

motor head
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 08:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: ZL500

man i have a buddie who has had the same problems as you are having.He has had it in th shop alot but still its the same with his what happens is that it will bog out around the same rpm like yours but also back fire he blew the springs off the pipe man to me i think its a question of the mixture, then again its a cat so it spends more time in the shop then on the snow(joke)

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2001, 04:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

the back firing thing could be the throttle safty switches,i disconected this on the 500 and it took care of the back firing and the bog off idle,plus look at the bushings in the throttle block,if they're cracked it can trip off the throttle safty switch too,they are cracked on my wifes sled(tis is her sled i'm talking about).i think i might try and finr tune the air screws,this could be it.i find that most dealers really dont have a clue when it comes to fixing(trouble shooting)our sleds,i've had WAY better luck doing the work my self.

motor head
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2001, 09:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had a similar problem with my "98 ZL500. Mine was more on the low end and my husband unhooked my kill switch and it solved the problem.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2001, 03:11 PM
oultman

i actually had the same problem on my 95 ZR. what i did was disconnect the throttle safty switches and that worked. Although it took out the bog, the arctic cats all seem to still to shift around that RPM.

ride hard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode