Jetting - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2000, 04:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jetting

I have a 94 Polaris 600. It was used when I got it. It fouls plugs so quickly as to take the fun out of snowmobiling. (if that is possible!) I run the sled at about 6000 to 8000 ft elevation. Mostly tree crusing. Some wideopen throttle.

I know it needs to be rejetted
Question: I don't want to spend a fortune on jets, Is it safe to drop 2 jet sizes from where I am. And then if that doesn't fix it, drop 2 jet sizes from there?

If the engine is running lean, will the temp light come on before I have a problem?

Thanks
Mark

MarkB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2000, 08:04 PM

Re: Jetting

If it fouls plugs that quickly are you sure it's the jets? How is the oil consumption? If it is too high then that could be your problem. Generally if you are able to ride the thing without bogging real bad you can't be too far off on your jetting. In any case if you do decide to rejet I would stick to single size reductions. Jets are not expensive so don't worry about it breaking you. They are only 2 or 3 dollars apiece. Watch your plug color and piston wash when you are jetting down because that can get real expensive in a hurry if you go too lean. Generally the engine light won't come on before you burn it down. There is a possibility too that it requires nothing more than a clip position change on the jet needle. Check with the dealer in your area to see what his recommendation is for jetting for that machine.

"Sled till you're dead"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2000, 09:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Jetting

Look under the hood at the jetting chart.See where it says the jet size for your average temp and elevation.Then you can take one to two sizes down from that and be safe.My guess is you bouight the sled from someone that rode it at lower elevations so it has too fat of jets for you.Remember the highr you go,the smaller jets you need.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode