polaris600 rebuild - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2000, 05:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

polaris600 rebuild

I recently had to remove the pull start jug off my '98 xcr 600. The base had filled with anti-freeze. I used the drain plugs on all three cylinders to drain the green stuff. My question is will all the leftover residue burn off or will i have engine trouble because of it. The reason for all this is because i was putting in a set of carbon tech reeds, while i was doing this i found a peice of metal in the reed cage that resembled a peice of circlip. So i took the ug off of the cylinder with the fragment and found that the circlips were in place and everything was fine. I just don't trust my mechanical ablility and was wondering if i had done something wrong or overlooked an important step. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. THINK SNOW!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2000, 10:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: polaris600 rebuild

You can "flush" the bottom end by leaving the bottom drain plugs out and poring premix (40:1) down through the crank in that cylinder. That will help displace the water. Then you can dribble a little dab of straight 2-stroke oil down around the crank bearings. That will take care of it.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2000, 10:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have already reassembled the motor, can this be done by pouring it down through the spark plug hole??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2000, 10:01 PM
Pete

Yes,if the piston is at the bottom of it's stroke. The transfer ports will be open. So will the exhaust, so you'll have to plug that.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2000, 10:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

cool thanks for your help!
THINK SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode