Boost Bottle - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 02:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Boost Bottle

Has anyone tried a boost bottle on the polaris twins? How did it work?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 01:04 AM

Re: Boost Bottle

They work good on the 700's from what I hear.

"Sled till you're dead"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 06:10 PM
snownut

I ran one on a 97 700 RMK and with reeds, it really made the bottom end crisp.

Snownut

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2000, 02:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Check out american snowmobilers forum. LOTS of reasons why not to buy a boost bottle, and many ideas on what to do instead

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2000, 05:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I ordered a boost bottle from my local polaris dealer for my '99 700 RMK. The mechanic I use says it will clean up the bottom and mid range response. I'll keep you guys posted. Have not been riding yet, but it's not because of lack of snow! We gots tons here in central Utah!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 09:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

xc698, do you think you could copy that forum and email it to me? My address is [email protected]. Thanks

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 06:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Munkey, yesterday I read every single message about boost bottles on the american snowmobilers forum, all 34 pages of it!. It seemed to me that most of the people were not unhappy with the performance, but the fact that the metal boost bottle split the rubber sleeve they fit in. However, with the plastic boost bottle there were no problems. Also, they stated the boost bottle does not work as well on flat slide carbs. You can access the forum by searching under "american snowmobiler" and should find your way without much problem. Just a note, I have posted the question of boost bottles to Powderbound (Mark) on this site for hopefully a little more info on them.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2000, 03:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've done both ways on the twins. I had a 98 700RMK and I orginally put a boost bottle on it. It cleaned the bottom end up and got rid of the 5500rpm gurgle pretty well. Later when my two buddies started fiddling with their 700s we were able to clean up the bottom end and gurgle without a boost bottle.

In general its a pretty easy fix, but it isn't necessarily necessary (got to love that grammar). I found that if you check the timing and make sure it is right, lean the pilots down, move the clip 1 lean and screw the air screw out to about 1.5 turns it cleans the 700s up nicely. That's a lot more work than just throwing a boost bottle on.

Note, on my 2000 800RMK I've had no need for a boost bottle. The flat slides are nice crisp carbs, very adjustable and let the motor run very well.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2000, 06:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I picked up my sled from the shop today (99 RMK 700) new skid plate, hyperfax, and boost bottle. I'll let you guys know how the boost bottle works out.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2000, 09:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

First ride with the boost bottle installed. I liked it. It really cleaned up the bottom end. Made the sled seem quicker off the line. For the thirty-five bucks it cost me, I'd definately do it again! Now, if we could get just one more monster snow storm...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode