troubles - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 10:55 AM
catman04

troubles

Hey all nice board!
I'm wondering if maybe someone could help me out.
I've got a 1997 arctic cat 600 powder extreme that likes to overheat. I can run for 15-20 minutes before it starts to overheat. I replaced all the head gasket o-rings, but I don't know if there is a bleed screw or something you have to crack to purge the air out of the coolant system or what. I've tried running it for a bit shutting it off then cracking the rad cap to try and bleed the air out of the system quite a few times and it stills seems to heat up and pressure up. Did I screw up putting the new o-rings in (plugs are good no coolant in any cylinders). Did I miss a bleed screw somwhere? Should I keep running it then shutting it down and bleeding the air off thru the rad cap?
Help!!!!
I'm missing some prime sledding right now!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 09:21 AM

Re: troubles

I have a '96 ZRT600 with the same engine, and I just checked mine out to see if I could find any type of bleeder valve on the cooling system and couldn't find anything. With the pressure cap being the highest spot on the system, it should bleed out on it's own eventually, any air should work it's way out the resevour , then as it cools it should pull the coolant in the resevour back into the engine until either the bottle is empty again or there is no air in the system. I have to check my resevour quite often on my ZRT, but I haven't really had any major overheating problem so far. The only time mine gets hot is if I am working it really hard in deep powder, then it will get hot in 15-20 minutes. Hopefuly one of the Arctic Cat owners on here that know a lot more than I do will reply to this, and we both might get some good information. Sorry I couldn't be more help. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode