Switching engine question??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 10:57 PM
sfortune

Switching engine question???

1999 340 Indy lite the engine, seat, hood, and shield are all in excellent condition. I have totaled out the tunnel, steering, trailing arms, foot rests, and skis. What year indy lites can I drop this engine into? Is there any other models I could put it into? 1970's? 1980's? Is the seat, hood, and shield going to be standard on the these as well, and how far back can I go? Where do I start to look?

Can anyone head me in the right direction as to where to look for sled with blown motors, etc...I've seen alot of parts, but nothing for the 340. I live in MN.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 07:52 AM
oultman

Re: Switching engine question???

Well as I recall the indy's changed their look big time in late 90's. My guess is that the hood and all of that kind of stuff is not going to fit anything pre 90's and I doubt if it will fit anything before your model changed (not sure what year). As for the engine, it will probably fit into most sleds, there may be some slight modifications that need to be done. You could check out this site for parts http://www.alssnowmobile.com but you'll need a lot of them to rebuild what you have. Your best bet, would be to phone your polaris dealer and ask them what will fit, but in all honesty, it wouldn't be worth doing many modifications to put your hood, seat and engine onto an older sled. You may be able to sell what you have for parts, take that monsy and put it towards another sled. Just curious, what did you do to bust the sled up that bad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode