2000 th Post - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2000, 01:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

2000 th Post

Well we finally hit 2000, I just couldn't wait for 2/29/00 though.

Did everyone finally get enough snow?
How many miles you been riding so far this year?
Are all your sled mods working out they way you expected?

It's been a great one for us in Idaho this year. Been riding every week and loving every minute of it. Most of us in our group are around 1000 - 1500 miles this year. Only minor wrecks - nothing major and no injuries yet. The '99 RMK 700's are still king of the hill in our group.

Mark
PowderBound
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2000, 01:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2000 th Post

Best year for me yet. Had to rebuild my engine at 4400 miles and now have over 800 miles on the bebuild for a total of about 1300
miles so far this year. Tons of snow that has set up allowing us to ride ANYWHERE. This fact has caused some pretty good damage
since we've been riding where we don't belong at way to high of speeds. Both my brother and I have had wrecks with multiple roll
overs..my hood latches stayed shut so I only lost the windshield, bros didn't and he ended up rebuilding a cowling. Only injuries were
to our egos. Drove into a 7' deep hole 4' wide at 40 MPH. THAT HURT. Flattened my handlebars with my face, tweaked my arm and I
am still feeling it, thank God for full face helmets.

Just got back from my best ride of my life. 120 miles of untracked snow, boondocking the whole way in one day. Absolutely
awesome views of Mt. McKinley. No break downs, no crashes..multiple successful hill climbs and jumps. Covered 50 miles in three
hours on no trail through the mountains. It'll take a long time to top this ride. But I'm going to try like Hell this weekend :-)

Just to rub it in. Our season in Alaska doesn't end until April, usually the end of the month. So I'll be seeing 2000 miles no sweat.

If you can't buy what you want, BUILD IT!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2000, 07:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well, this has been the worst year ever. the snow has been gone for a week or two now, making it a month long winter, tops. i only got to ride 1 week of that until my clutch exploded. i have no money so I can not fix it until the summer, so total, i got 168 km.

Keith
<font color=red>89/91 cr 125</font color=red>
<font color=blue>89 Yamaha SRV</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2000, 11:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

It's been a very good year so far... spent last week-end at the family cabin. Put on about 700 miles this season. '99 700 RMK finally broke 1000 miles on the odometer! Man these sleds rock, even stock! Weatherman says more snow this week! Lord, I love winter!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2000, 08:29 PM
deepnsteeP

Winter here in Montana has sucked this year. It has consistantly been above 50 degrees almost all season. Despite the weather, I have got about 400 miles on my sled. I had to do night riding and early morning rides to get it done though. I also put about 150 miles on a rented sled. First time I have ever ridden a new sled. The new Summit is pretty good competition for the RMK I think.

One minor wreck. I hit a tree and broke a suspension part. I just took it off and it works a whole lot better now for sidehilling and deep snow. Talk about irony. If only all wrecks could be like that.

Cooke City was really good last weekend. Gobs of snow, and we were the first tracks anywhere for a couple of hours. Pretty sweet. Still praying for snow and colder weather. Hope everyone else does too.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2000, 09:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

1600 miles in western MT. The snow is not as deep as last year; only 3 - 6 feet average. (sorry, four50four) It seems like the big storms are over but I know we'll still get a couple more. I've become a polaris convert. I should get the slp single on Thursday and will try it out on Friday. I was going to buy a set of heel clickers also but instead ordered the new chip for my power stroke ford. I'll have to settle on a pipe for the sled and a chip for the truck for this year. I can only get away with spending so much for more power in one season.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode