HELP: Bad Dealership Practice - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2000, 03:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

HELP: Bad Dealership Practice

On Jan. 14th, I purchased a used '99 RMK 700 from Action Motorsports in Twin falls, Idaho (9 hours drive from my home in Nevada). The dealer had "baited" me there with a $4,700.00 price over the phone, but when I arrived all that they had were in the $5000 range. I added an extended warranty for $400.00, because I could tell the machine had been piped and worked. The next day it ran like crap and I had to clean up the carbs and rejet them. The dealership paid for the main jets and jet needles, nothing for my time. Immediately, this sled turned out to be in need of much work....I called the dealership and explained that I would prefer to trade it back for a different sled. The general manager agreed, but when I told him when I'd be there, he recanted the offer and said he would let me trade it in on a 2001 RMK at dealer cost and give me 90% return on the one that I'm currently in possesion of. Well, it doesn't help me this season, but OK. I asked for it in writing and now no one will take/return my calls. I still have not recieved the owners manual, tool kit, warranty policy, and the "deal" in writing...all things that have been promised. Does anyone know of any support group that I can contact....or any other ideas?? I've contacted the Better Busines Bureau and Polaris Industries but have had no results.
Thanks in advance,
John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2000, 09:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: HELP: Bad Dealership Practice

Go to snowest.com and post it on the forum Im sure alot of the riders know the dealer or about him
most are from Idaho from the looks of it. Keep letting people know. and where in Nevada are
you from? I drive by one polaris dealer who is one mile away from my house to one thats 35 just to get parts and
have my machine worked on. well worth the drive
Justin
Cedar City Ut

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2000, 11:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I can't get to snowwest.com, what is the complete address? I live in Winnemucca and have my warranty work done at Quality Power Products in Council, ID. 340 miles away....well worth the drive! Nothing worse than a dealer without a quality Service Dept.
Thanks,
John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2000, 02:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You posted that you tried www.snowwest.com, correct is www.snowest.com there is only one "w".

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2000, 12:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

There forum is down right now..they usually fix it pretty quick...I Hope!!

If you can't buy what you want, BUILD IT!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2000, 06:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

John,

I also live in Winnemucca.......always looking for new riding partners.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 11:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am not familiar with an Action Motor Ssports in Twin Falls. Most of the Polaris riders that I know from the Twin Falls area either go to Idaho Falls (Action Motot Sports) or Boise (Carl's). I have been to both and would rate them top notch. Real spendy - but that is usually the case for a large dealer.

How did you pay for the sled? If you paid by credit card, just dispute the charge and let the credit card co work with them. Take the sled back and make them fix it on the warrantee that you purchased. No shop will reemburse you for your time if you choose to fix something yourself. Get a lawyer if all else fails.

Good luck.

Mark
PowderBound
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2000, 02:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My MISTAKE!!! The dealership is located in IDAHO FALLS, not Twin Falls. I financed it through Action Motorsports, so no help from a credit card Co. I would not rate this dealership "Top Notch", sure they sell high volume, but they lie and don't stand by their product; they're Sales not Service! Next time, I'll pay the higher price at a the smaller dealership (Quality Power Products, Council Id.), but I'll know I'm not being lied to!
Bottom line, get it in writing before you sign! A salesmans word isn't worth crap today, and the owners are interested in $.
John

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2000, 02:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey tntkerr,
Lets ride....what's your name and #? Hinkey Summit kicked butt saturday, we got socked in and couldn't get back over the summit (white-out)....stayed the night in an old sheperds cabin until the stars came out. There was firewood, food, and whiskey....pretty good night for the situation!
John

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2000, 12:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience there. I know the owner and several of the salesmen and mechanics. I will pass the word on to them.

Mark
PowderBound
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode