zr 600 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2000, 04:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

zr 600

I was wondering if anyone has raced a zr 600 in sno cross, through a season how reliable was it, or if you raced something else and it proved to be reliable id appreciate the info.looking for the best machine to compete with. thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2000, 05:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: zr 600

I rebuild shocks for two guys. One with a ZR500 and one with a ZR600EFI. Both machines have proven to be really reliable. They
have competed in two 400 mile x-country races that were (according to them) 400 miles of snocross. Weak points were the lower
cross link that the front of the rear suspension shock connects to, but it was updated this year, weak slide rails if you don't land
properly off of your jumps (SnoPros have better rails), broken front shocks (all Cats have a problem with this), and a couple welds
that needed to be re-done. These guys are REALLY tough on their machines, but all in all they held up well. The engines and
clutches have been stone reliable. If you want to get into snocross I would seriously look into getting a SnoPro440. You get a better,
stronger rear suspension, remote reservoir Fox clicker shocks, and handle bar mounted adjustable rear shock set-up. In the right
hands they will stomp the 600. SnoPros are limited pre-season only..so order yours now.

If you can't buy what you want, BUILD IT!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2000, 03:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks xlt, im looking for the most reliable machine to compete with, thats why im thinking of a 600, 440's seem like they would need more upkeep, am i correct in that assumption? i dont have a mechanic to help me dial things in, and i want to keep upkeep cost at the lowest possible level.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2000, 09:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The ZR440/SnoPro, MXZ 440 and the XCR440 all require a bit more maintenance due to the high R.P.M and the huge H.P. the
manufactures are sqeezing out of these small motors. However, they also get the cutting edge suspension upgrades etc..that make
it to the 600's a year later.

If you can't buy what you want, BUILD IT!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode