Know your enemies! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2000, 10:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Know your enemies!

Saw this on another board. I couldn't find any direct references regarding their efforts as it pertains to snowmobiling but am sure they are not on our side. Please note the businesses that are part of this alliance against us. Best way to hit them is in their pocket books!

http://www.outdoorlink.com/consall/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2000, 08:43 PM
Pete

Re: Know your enemies!

Easy, big fella
I gave them a look and except for mentioning SOME cooperation with the Sierra Club in achieving a common goal, I see nothing alarming. This group appears to be anti-mining, anti-logging, and anti-sneaky politician, but only to save public land for public use. And the fact that Columbia Sportswear(who markets clothing specifically targetted towards snowmobiling) is one of the supporters leads me to believe that this group is neutral.The public land they are protecting from big business may be the land you are riding on.
So everybody, no nastygrams to innocent parties, please. I'm not telling you not to keep your eyes open, though. Agendas change...
Pete

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2000, 10:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Know your enemies!

Ignorance is bliss! If you honestly think that some, if not most of the companies have an agenda that is directly opposed to our sport, either you are ignorant or just plain stupid. I seriously doubt there is such a thing as a neutral postition when it comes to motorized recreation on public lands. That is another problem with people in our sport. No pro-activity! We'll just wait till they actually do something before we share with them our feelings on this issue. Again, stupid! I guarantee that the Sierra Club is doing their best to sway support in their direction pro-actively. They are not waiting for these businesses to support our position before they contact them in an effort to sway opinion. Come on Pete. Do you own stock in one of these companies? No one has suggested "nasty-grams". Only that you pro-actively contact that these companies and share with them your feelings on what our sport means to us and how we will spend our money accordingly. Is that such a radical thing to do? People, wake up!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode