81 Blizzard miss? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2000, 02:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

81 Blizzard miss?

I have a 81 Blizzard 9500. The problem is, at mid and high speed, under load, there seems to be a miss or a burp of some kind. the sled is very close to running fine but you can definatley feel this flaw. I've gone through the carbs three times now, put new fuel lines on , switched coils and of course changed spark plugs but the problem still exists. every now and then although not often or for very long it seems to run perfect. Any help would be super. THANKS!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2000, 10:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 81 Blizzard miss?

OK I have a couple ideas maybe in the wrong direction but who knows.First are you sure your jetting is on,pistons look good,No loose springs on the pipes? Second what about a bearing on the jackshaft or driveshaft going bad? Just ideas although I also own a 9500 blizzard and have a question of my own to add to yours.Exactly how many seconds ( 2-3) did it take to pull that junk Primary clutch off and replace it with any other one that was made in this century? Seriously do you still run the stock clutch and what does it take to make it work like every other one built? Mine runs like a mad dog at mid to high speeds up to about 80 but is such a dog off the line that you almost have to push it or you will smoke the belt.Any ideas on this?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2000, 09:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Vince, I've always run the stock jets and still do 300 & 330. The one pipe is totally missing 1 big spring right at the manifold. How could this cause my problem? Ihave not checked the pistons because i'm trying to eliminate smaller problems first, and the performance is very close, it's just off a tick. If you stand and let someone else ride you can hear it better. It sounds like they are bumping the throttle, (zing, zing, zing) I don't know if its fuel or ingnition problem, but i'm running out of time here in eastern Pa. the snow is melting and i don't want to travel with it running this way. Ok, your problem, sorry but i can't help much. I bought the sled new in 81 and had the dealer install a comet clutch about one week later. After 19 years i don't remember too much but i did this to bring it out of the hole better and i am pleased with it. Also 80 mph seems a bit off, are you stating this is tops or it just isn't pulling hard anymore at this speed? I'm thinking you should be over 90 in decent conditions. Thanks for the ideas!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2000, 03:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Still looking for the solution.I read on this board about fuel flooding the crankcase. Could this be my problem, even though fuel does'nt come out the overflow tubes? Thanks.....HELLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2000, 09:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just had a thought,on one of our waverunners during the summer one of the resistor caps for the spark plug failed causing a similar problem.at 5-6 bucks apiece we just replaced them all and it ran like new.Check it out as your sled may not have these type of caps.Did you replace that missing spring on your exhaust and have you run a quick compression test? Also did you give the muffler outlet a quick look to make sure it wasn't bent up?Just brainstormin ,hope it helps,let me know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode