800 RMK - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2000, 02:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

800 RMK

Let me begin by telling you what I got on my sled. I got SLP twin pipes and VForce Reeds and the SLP mod air box. I am running 400 and 410 main jets and I don't recall for pilots. Ok, here's my problem, the sled runs perfect from idle to about 4500 rpm and from about 5500 rpm to 8100. But from 4500-5500rpm it seems to blubber a bit, well not just a bit, its really bad! Any suggestions on what I could do? Maybe I could i adjust the fuel-air screw in or out though? And by how much? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Felix

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2000, 02:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 800 RMK

Get another sled!!, Anything but a Polaris would be better!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2000, 06:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mr. Stormin Norman...let's not go there, because in this case, you may not be able to handle the truth!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2000, 09:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

1st of all does it do it all the time or just when the engine/pipes cooled down?
Next time you ride take note of exactly what throttle position the blubbering occurs, 1/4, 1/2, 3/8, 5/8 etc. that will pinpoint what carb changes to make better than an rpm reading. The air screw probably won't help any, if it does it will just be masking the real problem. By the way, nice sled!

"if all that noise was horsepower, you'd really have something" wileyE
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2000, 12:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thats what I am worried about, "hiding a problem," I have already blown this engine up once. Due to a "faulty" VForce reed pedal. Luckily my dealer stood behind the problem. $1100 later I have half a new engine. I am going riding tommorrow I will look and see exactly what throttle position. Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the help

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2000, 11:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I noticed you referencing an "air screw", These carburators do not have an air screw. The screw in the right side of the carburator is a fuel screw,(in is leaner out is richer) I made the same mistake. A few people I know are putting boost bottles on them but that is mostly to clean up the bottom end. Be critical on your throttle position when checking your problem, but I would bet that dropping your needle (raise the clip) will help you out from what you described. see ya

stracer
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2000, 02:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi

Well I took it riding and it ran great all day. Except, of course, the last hill i wanted to climb it toasted a cylinder. We checked the compression on it and the clutch side had 32psi and the mag side had 145psi so go figure. I am beginning to wondor if I shouldn't go back to my 700 rmk.

:/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode