shovel head location 800rmk - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2000, 11:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

shovel head location 800rmk

where have you found to be the best location for the head of a life-link shovel?
I don't know if it will melt, but don't want to find out the expensive way.
I had thought that it might fit next to my can, but it gets pretty hot there as it does under the pipe in the front of the tub. At this point it's still being
carried in my pack which might be the best location for it,,, but thought I would ask your advice.
thanks

stracer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2000, 04:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: shovel head location 800rmk

I've got mine tied on top of the spare belt (I leave the shovel in one piece) with the head going foward. The head sits about five inches from the exhaust pipe. On your back is probably the best place but I hate riding with a pack.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2000, 07:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: shovel head location 800rmk

I carry the head under the pipe. I drilled a hole through the shovel head, and through the nose cone brace. Push a bolt up through the brace and shovel head, and use a washer and wing nut. I drilled a hole through the handle and clutch cover. Push the bolt up through the bottom side of the cover and through the handle that sets on top of the belt, and use a washer and wing nut. This works good on my 800RMK. No heat problems. I check the wing nuts after each ride to make sure they are finger tight. No problems with this setup, and the shovel is easily removed to use.
Happy trails,
Fred

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode