600 RMK Performance - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2000, 11:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

600 RMK Performance

Okay heres the problem,Ive got a 600 for my wife and I ride a 700 with some minor mods.I let my wife ride my sled and now the brand new 600 that she rides just doesn't cut it.So I am looking for options as I see it buy her a 700 and set it up like mine,put some 700 jugs on hers and build a sleeper since we own that sled and would probably take a loss if we trade it in,Or build the 600 to run like a mild 700 if possible.Any ideas or input would be great as now I am in hot water and may lose my sled if I can't make hers go! Please HELP!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2000, 02:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 600 RMK Performance

Here is your opportunity! Sell the 600, get an 800 RMK, and give the 700 to your wife. I love my 99 600 RMK, I am troubled by with your post as I can do everything with my 600 that other 6, 7 and 8's can do and sometimes do it better. I really believe that setup and rider ability makes the difference. One fellow remarked that my 600 runs really well. I told him it was stock and he said that he had $9000 in his engine alone. (He hillclimbs professionally.) Although I could not outclimb his setup I am satisfied with mine and I've ridden with a lot of 700 RMK's and have seldom felt that I was lacking torque, track speed or throttle control. I would like to have more floatation, however and not push so much snow. 144" track? For comparison purposes, I usually show about 43 MPH track speed while climbing, average 8MPG - a lot of throttle pushing deep snow, and as quick as most any sled up the hill. I have 99 stock clutching, pulls 7900 RPM (calibrated) and Y2K jetting. Good luck.

Visit our homepage at
http://www.mcn.net/~bikemaker
check pictures/snowmobiling
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2000, 09:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 600 RMK Performance

Went riding again today and spent some time on her 600.In all actualality this sled does perform extremely well,goes everywher the 700 does maybe not as fast but she did run up some pretty steep hills with me up by wolf creek.The track helped alot,did not seem to slow the sled down any and really improved the flotation in powder.Top end is about 12 MPH less than my 700 but very respectable.She says after riding today that maybe hers will be okay.Dont like the seat and tank config. on the 2000 RMK and like i said we own our sleds so we dont really want a payment just for an extra 10 mph.Thanks for the reply I will do some checking on the track speed and jetting also.Did seem to lose some of its low end bog with the boost bottle and head work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode