Shovels 'n Probes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2000, 09:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shovels \'n Probes

Can anyone give me the name of a good, inexpensive vendor that sells avalance shovels and probes. Somewhere on the Net I saw a message about a company that makes a shovel that contains a probe inside the handle. It seems like the vendor was in Canada somewhere. Thanks for any help you can give.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2000, 11:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Shovels \'n Probes

I don't know of any dealers, but make sure that you buy an all metal shovel. There are a lot of companies making aluminum handle shovels with a plastic blade. They break relatively easy (been there) and then you have to shovel out by hand. It can be a real pain.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2000, 12:37 PM
snownut

Come on Rich, have you actually had one break? I have the Life Link Lexans, and have personally tried to break one. I am content that they will perform as well if not better than an aluminum. I have seen aluminum shovels that I know I could bend. The lexan is thick enough on the Life Links that the psi that they will withstand is probably higher than aluminum. If lexan were an issue, they couldn't sell them for the liability factor. The lawsuits that would follow are too risky for company to market a life saving device and have it fail. When a Human life is involved, there has to be some serious testing under some very severe conditions. I think that as long as a person buys a reputable brand name product, and uses the product as it was designed, there shouldn't be a problem.

Are you going out this weekend? My daughter is up from school tonight and wants to go in the morning. You're more than welcome to come along. We want to get up there early to hit some untouched. I think we will go where I took you the last time. It has really been getting nice up there now.

Snownut

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2000, 10:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Survival On Snow is a manufacturer and sales outlet for this equip located in Alberta there located on the web at www.sos-find.com

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2000, 11:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

There is a site that has a shovel probe combo. It is http://www.bcaccess.com/. Good luck Blake, Powderhound

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode