RMK jetting - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2000, 12:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

RMK jetting

Have a 97' 700 with SLP twin pipes, porting and head. Was runninh at 3000-6000ft last year and it ran perfect. Ever since I moved to Utah this year can't seem to get it to run good. Have tried 175-180 mains and 38-48 pilots. The 38 pilot(no boost bottle) and 175(pto)/178(mag) seems to work best. Runs great at 7,000-8,000 ft., but has a lot of sputtering up 9,000-10,000. Was wondering what needles people are running with this set up at 8,000-10,000 ft. SLP says the stock R1370J should work fine (thats what I'm running). Tri-City recommens changing the needle to 1372J. They say this is a little leaner and should help.Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2000, 07:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: RMK jetting

Where do you ride? I am having similar problems and hope to jet it out soon!!!

Corey (also in Utah, live in Riverton)

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2000, 08:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Corey, I live just off 7200 S. about 1500 E. in Salt Lake. Don't you live in Draper or Sandy? Bought the 1372J's from TCP today, will probably go up to Mirror Lake and try them out tomarrow. A couple friends of mine that rode with you up at woodland two weeks ago said they thought your RMK was running pretty good. What jetting have you tried?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2000, 09:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just wanted to add my .02 worth. Am running 205-200 in my 99 RMK 700 pistons look great,maybe could go a little leaner but im chicken,pistons and nikasil cylinders are way too expensive for an extra 3 HP.Are you guys running without the accs or what?By the way I live in Utah also,Pl. Grove and would like to hear more about your setups.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2000, 12:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My son brought home an article from a performance shop. They disconnect the ACCS and re-jet for better performance. I'll dig it out and read it again. Seems they did a few other things to the RMK's also. I do remember the cost of the mods was about $400 to $500. Personally, I like the ACCS feature on my 99 700 RMK. It would have to be one heck of a modification for me to tamper with the ACCS, or even have someone else do it.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2000, 08:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I live in Riverton. I am running 175(pto)-178(mag), 1371G needles (stock '98 needles) in #2, 38 pilots, airscrew at 1.0. I still get a gurgle at bottom end up to about 6000 RPM. I am going to try some 1371J needles this weekend. I did take the compensator off because it does not work well with porting.

Corey

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2000, 09:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Corey, I am running almost the same set up. Mains 175/178 with 38 pilot. The 1372J I tried yesterday really cleaned up the mid range, its a lot crisper now. My bottom end still has a girgle. I thought I could clear it up without a boost bootle, but I think that will have to be my next purchase. As far as the needles go, the "G" at the end is for the length and a "G" is shorter than a "J"? Is that right? My ACCS died long ago as well.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2000, 10:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Where did you run your needle clip? Did you try adjusting the air screw at all?

Corey

post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2000, 11:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Clip is in the second position and have airscrew at one turn. I was also wondering what kind of rpm's your running? When I was in Spokane last year I was running about 8100, now only run about 7800. Have TCP lightning weights (60 gram) with the polaris blue dark blue spring. I was running the almond gold spring last year, but hated the high engagement.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2000, 12:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am running 8100 right now, but need to get it to 8400. Thats what Jack's porting likes. I am running 10-58 weights. What helix and driven spring you running? I had trouble last year with Tri-city's setup loosing R's. I am running Jack's 50-36 and it holds the R's very good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode