Heelklickers or lightining weights, which to choose. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2000, 03:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Heelklickers or lightining weights, which to choose.

Hi I have a 98 700 RMK, with a cat secondary, SLP pipes (twin) Himark heads, delta reeds, and 20-42 gearing. The clutch setup i run with now is as follows, Primary 60 grams weights polaris, secondary setup is as follows, yellow spring in the secondary, 54-44 roller helix. the problem that I am having is that with this setup the belts is slipping in the clucthes at the bottom end, I have gone down to a 52-44 helix and this helps but there is much more potentional for it to pull harder. The motor doesn't seem to labour whith either of the two helixes. What I am wondering is this, Form what I understand whith the heelclickers is that it applies more force to shifting clucthes at the bottom end to make the engine work a little harder to shift out faster.I understand that the Lightining weights do the same thing but to a lesser extent.
Has anyone tried both of these weights and which do you like better?
How much of a difference from the stock weights to a lightining weights to a hellclikers weights?
(eg Difference in sledlengths to 500 feet or there abouts)

Brian D

[email protected]
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2000, 12:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Heelklickers or lightining weights, which to choose.

I ride with two guys that have Heelclickers in an XLT RMK and an RMK. I can't give you any technical data, but the seat of the pants
judge says...THEY ROCK. No more annoying belt slippage, superior instantanious launches out of the hole, and no way my similarly
set up XLT can even touch the other XLT. I'll be buying mine next year.

If you can't buy what you want, BUILD IT!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2000, 01:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The stock weights were ok, Lightning weights were better and now I run the Heelclickers in my '99 RMK 700. The Heelclickers are very easy to dial-in and adjust. The thing that I really like about them is the adjustability of the heel part of the weight. These weights are the single best aftermarket performance product that I have put on a sled. Porting, pipes, head, 144" track, reeds, helix, no other single item even comes close to the performance increase as these weights did for me. But now that I have all of these, my little old '99 RMK 700 rocks. Actually - it launches out of the hole and pushes hard through 100 MPH on mountain trails. In the powder it is awesome.

I would buy the heelclicker weights as the first addition to any sled.

Mark
PowderBound
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2000, 07:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Are the heelclickers adjustable enough to use them after other mods? I've got a '00 rmk 700 that I just put a 144" on. I had to go to 54g weights to bring the rpms back to 8-8100, but I'd like to get a better holeshot without doing a bunch of tuning. Right now it's stock; but next year I plan to go with some reeds and a single slp pipe. If I go with the heelclickers this year can I use the same ones after those "minor" mods? I've read the articles about them and the thunder product's heavy hitters in snowtech but it seems that the latter may be more adjustable (in mid and high gear) as you add pipes, etc. By the way sledgear.com has a good technical article on the heelclickers.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2000, 08:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

anyone? anyone? yep, just trying to keep this subject on the front page.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2000, 12:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

By reading the Heelclickers article, I think that they solve many problems the heavy hitters don't. The Heelclickers help ALOT out of
the hole (important for mountain sleds) due to there design. The design incorporates leverage that the Heavy Hitters don't. Buy the
50-7 kit and I think that 57 grams will be enough with your mods.

If you can't buy what you want, BUILD IT!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2000, 01:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry, I have been in McCall for the past five days sledding. A stock sled is the perfect place to start with the heel clickers. If you later add go-fast parts, you simply adjust the weight on the tip or heel or both. There is no need to invest in a different helix, stock works great, because you can add weight to the heel of the weight to get the same results as the high angled helixes. My heel clickers are dialed in pretty good now. We have tested nine different spring/helix combinations in about 500 miles of trails, mountain lakes, deep powder boondocking and highmarking. I am now convinced that these weights are simply the best single add-on you can do to your sled. If you have the $200 to invest, buy the weights before reeds, pipes, helix, track.......... But if you have all of these parts, like I do - Hold on tight because the HP is now being transferred to the track like never before.

And yes, I did have to buy my weights, and no I am not getting anything to praise the new technology of heel clicker weights.

Mark
PowderBound
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2000, 12:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sounds good enough for me. I haven't seen anywhere that the heelclickers were adjustable at the tip; I only gathered they adjusted at the heel. I'll let you know how it works on mine once I've tried them.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2000, 01:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Powderbound,I've heard people say excellent backshift with heel clickers and others say very poor backshift.What's your experience?Regards.Brair

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2000, 11:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi Powderbound, thanks for the reply, question for you. I have my machine dialed in the best that i can with a 54-44 helix, if i purchase the hellclickers do i have to recalibrate the secondary and go down in the helix say to a 52-44 or even a 50-44, or will it work with what i have?

Brian D

[email protected]
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode