what to do??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2000, 04:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

what to do???

i've got a problem. So far i have got 68 km on my sled this year, and thats riding in severly marginal conditions. maybe its just a bad winter. as i see it, I have a few options 1. sell my sled and buy a newer one. I HATE MY SLED!! its slow, not easy to start, LOUSY suspension, ugly, and hard on gas, and is probably the last yamaha I will buy for quite a while. I wish i'd i've never bought it. If i sell it, and save a bit of money up i can buy a newer, faster SKI-DOO. one plus about my sled is that I got a great deal, so I will be able to make some money on it. 2. sell my sled and buy a quad. if the winters stop coming, there is no point in having a sled, and even if we do get snow, I can still ride my quad. 3. keep this stinkin yamaha.

Which option would you pick??

Keith
<font color=red>89/91 cr 125</font color=red>
<font color=blue>89 Yamaha SRV</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2000, 01:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: what to do???

You list your occupation as student. If you're in high school Keep it and hope for snow or go buy the quad. If you are in college find a school that is closer to snow that offers the same area of study, sell the sled and buy a polaris or maybe a ski doo. Both are nice sleds. Actually the new Yamaha's ride really nice on the trail. Depends on your riding preference.

SP

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2000, 09:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You better come up with a better sales pitch if you want someone to buy your sled. You have my wanting to sale mine after hearing that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2000, 09:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

it depends where you live if there are trails for quads neer you buy the quad (look for a used 250r they are crazy fast). but if there are no atv trails then forget it and buy a new sled

"If YoU CaN't RuN wItH ThE ArCtIcCaTs, LeAvE YoUrS On ThE TrAiLeR"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2000, 10:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have made my descision. after much deliberation, i have come to the conclusion to sell my sled and buy a nicer, faster Ski-doo. Once this yamadog is gone, and i save up a bit more money, i will bbe looking for a 94 or newer formula Z or STX (583's). 94 is the first year for the DSA suspension, so thats why I have made it the cut off date. i have only heard good things about these sleds, so just wondering if you guys have any opinions?

Keith
<font color=red>89/91 cr 125</font color=red>
<font color=blue>89 Yamaha SRV</font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2000, 11:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You were talking about getting a wheeler... I live in Minnesota, and I have my sled, and a Yamaha Banshee. I can ride my wheeler for about 7 months out of the year. With a sled, you can get around 4 months. But the big difference is that on a sled, you can go a couple hundred miles a day if you're serious about it. On a wheeler, 50 - 100 miles is a long day, and it's going to be in a more confined area. There are many more places to ride a sled than a wheeler. One thing that I have to admit: Going 80 MPH on a wheeler is more of a rush than going 80 MPH on a sled!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2000, 01:19 PM
nashoba66

Keith, i have a 94 STX583, and I love the sled, it's not the fastest, but it goes quick enough for me and it rides great. I would definately recommend it, however another recommendation, if you can afford it would be a ZRT600, my brother-in-law had one, much faster and rode about the same as my STX, his was a 96.
Good Luck,
Mark

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode