Very First Machine, Good deal? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2000, 10:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Very First Machine, Good deal?

Finally got my first sled, not as new as id like but I couldnt pass up this sweet deal. I picked up a 97 Yamaha Vmax 600 last week. It has about 2500 miles on it, everything is in excellent shape (started on the third pull). The guy I bought it from had it covered and didnt drive it all last year. I figure I got a sweet ass deal, I only paid 1000 bucks for it. The guy sold it because he said it goes way to fast for him, and he needed the money.(its all paid for to, talked to dealer where he bought it from, they said I got a nice sled to) The only real problem with the sled is it needed a new right side trailing arm and shock assembly which cost me around 300 bucks (apparantly one of his dumbass friends pounded on it with a sledge hammer cuz they were pissed with him. The ski is still in good shape thou), I cant wait tomorrow I'll be sledding with my buds, the guys tell me the sled will hit 100-115 mph. Any suggestions, I dont know if I should dress it up to get more speed, havent really driven it yet. My friend just bought a 96 mach z 780 triple for about 5 grande, I think i got a better deal, he spent 37 bucks on gas for just 17 kilometers. I hope to hell mines a little better on gas. Anyone own this sled have any comments or suggestions on what to do and what to look out for?

Thanks for reading, im stoked!!

Chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2000, 11:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Very First Machine, Good deal?

Sounds like you made a good buy....my buddy wanted to sell me his 96 VMAX600 last year for $2800. Fewer miles,but a nice sled. Not to burst your bubble, but his wont do 100 mph. My RMK600 will only get to about 80 mph most of the time, and he has never beat it. Let us know how it runs!!! Have fun. That is the important part of sledding.

Summer is overrated!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2000, 11:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ya dont forget thats 1000 canadian thou eh hehe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2000, 06:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

does it by anychance glow in the dark??

Keith
<font color=red>89/91 cr 125</font color=red>
<font color=blue>89 Yamaha SRV</font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2000, 08:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yamaha... Don't they make pianos? (ha, ha, just messin' with ya)

Very good deal, but a stock v-max 600 will not crack 100mph (maybe 100kmh). My brother in law has one (I rode it and raced against it) it's good for about 85-90mph (he's got a couple mods).

Another thing... I know your talking Canadian Currency, but $37 in gas for 17km? How much does gas cost? There may be a problem with his sled if he is guzzling that much gas.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode