handlebar risers for 99 rmk - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-26-1999, 08:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

handlebar risers for 99 rmk

Has anyone put the handle bar risers on their rmks? I have a 99 600 and it seems a little short for standing up and being comfortable. If so did it work good and are the bars just as stable as stock? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-26-1999, 08:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: handlebar risers for 99 rmk

Last month when I took my 99 700 RMK in for that recall they had on the brakes, I had them put a 1 1/2" lift kit on my handlebars. I had them install a grab bar also. First time out I noticed how much better I was able to control my sled. My arms did'nt seem to get as tired after a long hard ride as they used to either. I think it's a great modification to the pre 2000 sleds. As for the grab bar....sidehilling has NEVER been so much fun!!! My opinion?...DO IT!!!

P.S.- There is absolutely no loss of stability with the riser kit.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-27-1999, 01:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Get a 2 inch block or stack two 1 inch blocks and buy that little cover from the 2000's that fits under the handlebar pad. It covers up that gap between the cowl and handlebar pad and looks like a factory job.

P.S. You will love the leverage from those higher bars.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-27-1999, 06:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

In fact, there have been so many people that have raised their handlebars that the dealer has had to back order those plastic spacers that are on the 2000 models. I'm still waiting for mine.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-28-1999, 12:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have put a 1 inch riser on my 800rmk and think that it made all the difference in the world. The stock setup was good, just a little short for me to standup withot bending over considerably. the extra inch makes all the diff. and you will gain everything. this is one of the best mods you can do for better controll and ease of maneuverability when standing up/ hillclimbing.

stracer
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-28-1999, 01:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Stracer, if I understand you correctly, that would put the handlebars three inches higher than the 99 models?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-29-1999, 01:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

you betya!!
love to climb hills and stand up when riding deeeeeeep powder! (I don't like the snow blowing up inside my helmet when it comes off of the windshield)..
You also get the added benefit of more leverage on the bars, and your controll movements have to be a touch exaggerated therefore i feel that it gives you a better feel and more finess with the sled on the hills and deep powder.
but just my opinion, if you like them up 1 or 2 inches, spend another 15.00 for the riser or make a shim under your 2 inch kit to try it at 3.
happy trails!!

stracer
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-29-1999, 11:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Does it affect the fit of the cover when you put the risers on???

post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-30-1999, 04:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

only below the handlebar pad. I modified mine with a short section of nylon with velcro. this keeps the snow out of the hole left when you raise the bars and looks pretty good for a cheap fix. The nylon velcros inside the top and bottom then at the split line (easy removal)

stracer
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-31-1999, 12:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is there an extension that will work on the 98 RMK600? Is the extension just a bolt on block?..or does it involve cables and such?

Thanx

Summer is overrated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode