Rack Questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-20-1999, 01:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rack Questions

I'm looking for a rack for my 98 Summit X. Anyone using anything that they really like or have heard of. Thanks for your response.

NATE
REDEYE RACING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-20-1999, 03:06 PM
snownut

Re: Rack Questions

Nate, I have been looking at the EZPack rack, I would just like to see one first. We missed you Saturday, did you go up? We had a couple problems, but for the most part not a bad day. My wife did some damage with a rock on her 500, I didn't think that lexan hoods were suppose to break, but we learned different. Had to get another ski, and still debating on the trailing arm Rich at Weller got it straightened, but there is some dimples in it. It actually shoved the rear trailing arm mount on the left side back. Luckily Cyndi for the most part came out if it ok. she is a little sore, and is sporting some bruises, but she is ready to get back on.

Snownut

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-20-1999, 03:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The snow up by Smith&Moorehouse was pretty good. There was probably between 3 and 4 feet. We ended up blazing the trail and even had to dig out a few times. I had a little trouble with my X. I had a loose sensor and blew fluid all over the place and vapor locked it. I may have even had a light seize. I had some pieces on my plug. I pulled the pipes and the pipes looked clean. I ran awsome the rest of the day, but needless to say I was a little worried. At least is finally felt like a ride. How much are the racks?

NATE
REDEYE RACING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-20-1999, 04:22 PM
snownut

The racks show $69 in Snowtech magazine. The picture shows a powder coated yellow rack, I just want to know the actual dimensions. If it is going to cover up the rear grab bar, it could be a problem.

Snownut

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-21-1999, 10:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you are just going to use it for a gas can make one. I have a 99 rmk 600 and I used 2 inch webbing and large washers and bolted the loops down closest to the seat. I can put a five gallon can on and I use cam buckle straps to secure it to the bumper, the can does not move at all when i ride and it only cost me a couple of bucks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode