yamaha clutch problems?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-18-1999, 05:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yamaha clutch problems??

the guy i bought my sled from said these yamahas have a tendency to blow clutches. is this true??

Keith
<font color=red>89/91 cr 125</font color=red>
<font color=blue>89 Yamaha SRV</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-19-1999, 10:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: yamaha clutch problems??

I rebuilt my clutch after it had 3500 miles on it. The thing was a mess.I've been told to replace and inspect after every 1000 miles which I will this time.My buddies SRV that has 2500 miles has never even had the clutch off his sled. Maybe they do have a problem with the clutches but I haven't seen any. If you do find out I would be intrested.

kurt

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2000, 11:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: yamaha clutch problems??

Any Clutch on any sled over say 100 horsepower should be inspected after the first couple of seasons say 2000 - 2500 miles. Chances are a competant mechanic can replace bearings and inspect for damage and keep your clucth alive. Yammie clutches are expensive to buy parts for. I have replaced mine this year with a Comet 108 exp for about the same price as rebuilding the original. (within 75 bucks) Also keep an eye on the large bushing in the back of your secondary (driven) clutch. This is a steel band with a layer of teflon on the inside. The teflon layer seperates from the stell after around 1500-2000 miles. It is easily replace with an aftermarket fiber bushing that can be replaced every year for 10 years and still be cheaper than the OEM steel/teflon unit.

Jess Conrad
90' FS Bronco 351 10 MPG hawg!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode