99 rmk 600 gearing - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-13-1999, 01:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

99 rmk 600 gearing

I bought a 99 rmk 600 on holdover and was wondering if anyone has done gearing changes. I have only put 15 miles on it since we have had no snow, but it is snowing right now. I am not planning on doing any mods but was wondering what people had to say about stock gearing. I will be riding around bozeman montana and was wondering if the gearing will be okay or if i should change it. thanks for any input.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-14-1999, 09:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 99 rmk 600 gearing

I've got a y2k rmk 700. Today we rode in the first deep (2-3') new powder of the year and I got to see what it would do in the trees finally. For putting around in the trees I think I'm going to gear down a little from stock. The sled did ok but I think I'd wear out a few belts with the stock sprocket. I'm sure the stock one would do fine if you're always on the hammer. By the way I have'nt yet found out what the stock gearing is; probably the same as yours - I ride the Bitterroots.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-14-1999, 11:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a 99 600 RMK also. It is a strong running sled and climbs like a banshee. The carburation is overly rich. My dealer has ordered for me the same needles and pilots that the Y2K 600 is coming out with. This will help out during low speed technical stuff (much better throttle response). My advice is to do the same and break the sled in several hundred miles. Let me know the results if you do change your gearing. MB

Visit our homepage at http://www.mcn.net/~bikemaker

Visit our homepage at http://www.mcn.net/~bikemaker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-15-1999, 02:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i tried to gear down my 98 600 rmk,did not work as good.
40/19 is stock.machine cyl head,drop mains,give it more weight in primary.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode