Finally - some snow! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-04-1999, 12:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Finally - some snow!

The storm that hit McCall this week gave us enough snow to actually get out and ride today! The snow was measured at three feet on the level with a good base up above Brundage. There is more on the way next week too!

Mark
PowderBound
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-04-1999, 02:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Finally - some snow!

That's great to hear. I'm probably heading that way within a couple weeksl! I can't wait........ Where exactly do you ride around McCall?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-04-1999, 07:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm going to the Trinities over by Anderson Ranch in the morning . Anyone hear how it is?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-04-1999, 08:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The cabin we stayed at is at the North end of Payette Lake on Warren Wagon Road. We went to the end of the road at rode from there. We went to Burgdorf and rode logging roads from there. There isn't enough snow to get off the roads yet but we did find a lot of old roads to ride. We rode 130 miles in a day and a half. Not too bad. The 800 RMK's are impressive.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-04-1999, 09:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I went riding up at West Mtn Thursday right in the middle of the storm. There was a couple of feet on top and we rode
right from our cabin on West Mtn Road. It was awesome!! Still not quite enough to go off trail, but enough to ride.
By the way, Brundage rules!!!! I've been riding there all my sledding years and it's still my favorite.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-04-1999, 09:27 PM
deepnsteeP

send some our way, dammit: cooke city

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-05-1999, 12:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Based on everywhere I've ridden I have to admit that Brundage is pretty good. I just wish I could get there more often and knew the area a little better.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-05-1999, 04:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Please let me know how that area is. I"ve got some friends that ride there, but I don't know much about the area. Thanks

post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-05-1999, 08:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What Area Playtime?

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-05-1999, 09:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just got back from the Trinities. Theres enough snow to get up on top and hill climb if you are careful. Should be another storm in on Tuesday and it will be better. Talked to a guy up there that was at Warm lake yesterday and he said the snow was about the same but there was a ton of people. Next weekend we'll try Anderson creek and run the ridge to No-business lookout. There has to be a shortcut down to Tamarack store if not we will have fun looking.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode