Is ordering from Denis kirk Good or Bad? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-28-1999, 05:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is ordering from Denis kirk Good or Bad?

I was planning on buying a CTS helmet,boots,running board trim,and a couple stickers from dennis kirk. And was wondering if Dennis Kirk is a rip off or is reasonably priced? And if you have ever heard of CTS helmets are they good or bad? any information would be help full. thanks,bean

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-28-1999, 07:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Is ordering from Denis kirk Good or Bad?

Bean,
I've ordered a few things from them and I've been happy with it. If you stick with name brand stuff you'll be okay. Watch out
generic items from any mail order outfit. A reliable source ordered some idler wheel bearings to save a few bucks. They didn't last
a day. Literally.

My .02 worth on the running board trim. Tried it. Took it off. Replaced it with Sno-Slips. The running board trim actually makes the tunnel
roll more slippery! The Sno-Slips actually increase traction and are held on with 5/32" rivets. The running board trim wouldn't stay
on my wifes Trail Touring. It kept sliding around.

Dan

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-28-1999, 07:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My only experience with them was a pair of bibs. A seam ripped out on the first day. I sent them back for a replacement ( same size ) and they have lasted two seasons now.

Mark
PowderBound
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-28-1999, 10:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Their service is prompt and the pricing is fair. However, you can often get the same prices locally. The benefit for me is the fact that
I'm out in the sticks 60 miles so I don't have to leave the house to buy stuff. If anyone cares, the secret to any aftermarket idler
bearings is to pull out the seal and pack it with good grease before you install them.

If you can't buy what you want, BUILD IT!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-29-1999, 04:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

AH @$!? !!!! I just replaced all my idler wheels and bearings from dennis kirk.
Wish I had known about replacing the grease. Well they'll probably last this season ,with no snow.I've had no problems with dennis kirk, I would recommend their name brand products.

kurt

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-29-1999, 06:46 PM
Pete

A lot of the idler bearings on my sled are from DK. They made it all last winter OK. Watch some of that Lemans crap they sell though. I had the splitter break in a brand new Lemans throttle cable. And the Sno-Stuff windshields will shatter into a trillion pieces if you give them a mean look; get Kimpex. Otherwise, I like DK. To my door in about 4 days with no sales tax.
Pete

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-04-1999, 01:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dennis Kirk is quick and easy to order from. But you also pay for it with at least a mark-up of 5%.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode