SRX700 Plugs & Fouling - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-21-1999, 03:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

SRX700 Plugs & Fouling

Here in NH, riding is still weeks away, but today I decided to fire up my 98 SRX 700. After trying to start it on the old plugs without success, I put gas into each cylinder. No luck. Tried a new set of plugs (BR10ECS's), still no luck. Occasionally, the sled would cough to life, but die as soon as the primer fuel ran out.

Over the summer, I probably should have started it periodically, as I did not fog the motor last spring.

I suspect this is something to do with the fuel injection, because last year I was constantly fouling plugs even when the machine was hot!

Im not much of a mechanic, and for this reason I would really appreciate any advice anyone has on what the solution may be (maybe a 2000 SRX?...my buddy just got one and he has no problems with starting.)

THINK SNOW!!!! -Ross ******

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-22-1999, 05:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: SRX700 Plugs & Fouling

Throw in a set of br-9 plugs & 1 oz of gas in each jug! Keep the choke on full ; you may have to repeat this procedure quite a few times. The srx float bowls drain empty over time & must be re-primed. Remember to keep choke on full. My buds SRX had same probs & took us about 20 cycles before it went.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode