Chaincase, Holz Rear - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-16-1999, 11:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Chaincase, Holz Rear

Has any one put a Tison Chaincase on a 700 RMK I've read the article in the magazine. Also I would like to know if any one has put on a Holz rear
suspension on there machine and how they like it
Thanx
Justin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-20-1999, 02:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Chaincase, Holz Rear

Hi Justin,
I just installed the Holz rear suspension but I haven't been able to ride yet since there's no snow!! I can tell you the kit is absolutely
top-shelf quality. I've got a 96 Ultra RMK by the way). I'm also rolling the chaincase since my stocker is not rolled at all unlike
yours. Once I get the Tison kit and install it, I'll post a new note and let ya know how it went. I plan to put it in over Thanksgiving
holidays provided it get's here in time.

Since you stock case is rolled, are you wanting to put the Tison kit on for a 2.25 lug track or what?

Dan

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-21-1999, 08:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The holz rear is to loose some weight but to also help in the smoothness in the rear suspension I had back surgery a little more
than a year ago so I need the finest yet most reasonably priced and the holz seem to be the ticket. The chaincase is to change
the approach angle you might have read how the 700's trench instead of riding on top of the snow( kinda like all the kits for the
yamaha's ) I only running my stock track which is 1.75" I would like to put a 141" or 144" next year I like the shorter track the 2"
seems to rough for me I do alot of powder riding but I have to ride groomed trails to get to where im going. I don't hillclimb but
do alot of boondocking. I almost had a chance to get a 96 Ultra RMK with a big bore 800cc with only 700 miles for only $2200
but the dealer couldn't pull through for me. It belong to a dealer and I was with him last year when he smoked the engine oh well
thanks for the info and its finally snowing today so maybe when I get back from thanksgiving I can go and ride!!
Justin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-1999, 10:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Justin,
When I spoke with the folks at Tison, they had nothing but good things to say about the Holz setup. This
is from a shop that uses the M-10 Mountain suspension on most all custom mountain sleds that they build.
Thats a pretty strong message.

Yep, I've read about the RMK's trenching.My dealer, Xtreme Polaris in the Denver ,Co area, did some testing with
the Polaris 136 x1.75, 2" and the Camoplast Challenger 141 x 2. They ran the same sled up the same hill
with each track until it spun-out. The 136 x 2 went around 300 ft, the 136 x 1.75 went about 600 ft and the
141 x 2 Challengerwent over 900ft. The test was done in fresh powder on the same day. Basically, they
recommend the Challenger as the best deep powder and climbing track. It doesn't evacuate the snow out from
under the sled like the others do so consequently it doesn't trench as much as the others. The Holz suspension
also helps the approach angle somewhat as it changes the geometry of the torque arms. No, it's not as
significant as a chaincase roll but it's something. Plus the track and suspension kit are almost a bolt-on affair
whereas the chaincase isn't You do need to change the tunnel extension, otherwise the track can contact the
extreme rear during hard landings. This is about the only aspect that isn't bolt on. It requires some riveting and
drilling.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode