Oil - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-16-1999, 10:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Oil

Will Artic Cat oil mix with Yamalube without any problems? Both sleds are oil injected.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-17-1999, 11:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Oil

They won't technically "mix," but you can surely run Yamalube in your Cat. I would just remove as much AC oil as you can then add the yamalube. You shouldn't have any problems.

Sno-Tech Magazine had an arcticle on this same question and that is what they recommend as well.

Adam

MXZ 600
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-17-1999, 04:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a yamaha and used to run yamalube and all my buddies run polaris oil so i swithched for the reason of running out on the trail. You SHOULD NOT mix the oil together because at lower temps it will gel blocking the injector and i don't have to say more. Polaris and articat can be mixed though. They won't gel together.

hope that helps.
kurt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-17-1999, 04:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a yamaha and use to run yamalube and all my buddies run polaris oil so i swithched for the reason of running out on the trail. You SHOULD NOT mix the oil because at lower temps it will gel blocking the injector and i don't have to say more. Polaris and articat can be mixed though. They won't gel together.

hope that helps.
kurt

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-19-1999, 10:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I disagree... I run standard 2-cycle oils in every sled during break in (you have to use regular oil to properly seat the rings), then I have used nothing but synthetics, including Yamalube, after the first 500 miles. I have never had nor seen a problem.

Talk to a chemical engineer and/or a professional engine builder--get their opinion.

Adam
MXZ 600
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-19-1999, 11:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Like Adam said.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-20-1999, 06:11 AM
Pete

Is Yamalube synthetic? I'm certain the last stuff I bought was regular TC-W3, several years ago. My understanding is that petroleum based oils will mix OK, but you don't want to mix them with synthetics. On several occasions, I've used other than Polaris oil in my XLT in a pinch. Yamalube(at least the TC-W3 I bought) mixes OK with Polaris, and a quart of Castrol TC-W3 from a store in the middle of nowhere caused no problems.
Pete

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-23-1999, 10:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I LEARNED THE HARD WAY I JUST PAID FOR A 600 XLT MOTOR FOR THE VERY REASON THAT YOU ASK. I WOULD USE THE OIL THAT THE MANUFACTURE STATES IN THE MANUAL& ALWAYS CARRY OIL WITH YOU BECAUSE SLEDS DON'T RUN WELL WITH OUT OIL. AND YES IT COSTS A LITTLE MORE BUT WHAT IS A FEW CENTS WORTH ?????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode