Polaris Xtra-12 Breakage - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-14-1999, 05:37 PM
Pete

Polaris Xtra-12 Breakage

Just curious, has anyone besides me had problems with shearing bolts on the scissors pivot point? I've got a 96 XLT that has done this twice. Granted, I take bumps as fast as I can stand to, which is quite fast allowing to the smooth ride. The local dealer has never heard of this. Funny thing, it isn't very noticeable that it has happened, except for a change in ride height. I put the sled away for the summer in this condition and didn't notice til last month that it needed work. I've just drilled and tapped the shaft for 7/16" bolts to replace the 3/8" that keep shearing. We'll see what that does. This is the only problem I've ever had with this suspension, which has been awesome otherwise, so I'm not complaining too loud. I just thought I'd ask and give everybody something else to read besides the Utah boys' luncheon menu(just bustin' on you, guys).
Pete

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-14-1999, 07:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Polaris Xtra-12 Breakage

Havn't heard of any one breaking bolts on thier suspensions. You could try some titanium bolts if the problem continues.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-08-1999, 11:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Polaris Xtra-12 Breakage

if the hole at the pivot was worn its quite common there is a kit available from polaris to remedy this it bolts to both sides of the slide railask your dealer he has it inhis service bulletins

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode