700 RMK single pipe: - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-11-1999, 08:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

700 RMK single pipe:

Does anyone run an SLP single pipe on a 700 RMK with no other engine mods. If so how does it run.
I would like to pipe and clutch my 2000 700 RMK, Any advice?
Thanks Jack.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-14-1999, 03:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 700 RMK single pipe:

Don't buy a damn single pipe for a twin engine! Buy the twin's!!! You will be glad you did.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-15-1999, 12:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

That's funny, everyone I know who was running twin pipes on their twins are now buying light weight single pipes. They are way easier to make work consistantly.

RMK800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-15-1999, 01:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I guess it all depends on where you want you HP and torque. The SLP single pipe has great torque and the majority of HP gain is in the mid range. 6500 - 7900 rpm range. The SLP twin pipe has more HP but is gained from 7800 - 8200 rpm range. Personally, when I ride, I do not ride wide open the majority of the time and would rather have my torque and HP at 7500 - 8000 rpm's.

I vote for the SLP Single.

Mark
PowderBound
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-16-1999, 03:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've rode with both single and twins. The single worked well on the 98's it would beat my stock 99. Put a slp single on a 99 and it didn't do much good. The stock sled would beat it most everywhere. It was setup just like slp suggested. The twins (slp) I ran against both the 98 and 99 both had billet heads and V-force reeds. They would eat me up bad. I bought the twins for mine.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-16-1999, 08:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Never set a sled up the way the mfg recommends. They give you a safe recomendation. You need to let your dealer set it up based on his experience with the aftermarket part or do your own setup based on your trial and error. I have seen stock pipe machines out run piped (single and twin) machines.

Piped motors setup properly will generate more HP and torque than stock. You can have all the HP in the world and still will not go faster if the HP is not turned into track HP. In other words, the clutching has to be setup too.

Mark
PowderBound
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-16-1999, 11:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Im putting a single on my 98 700 RMK Im using a hotseat pipe I got a great deal on a new one from the dealer with Delta 2 reeds but there is no snow
so I don't have any advice to give you other than I won't have to buy a torque plate since im using the single not the twin

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-17-1999, 12:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have slp twins on my rmk 700, they work great! A couple fiends I rode with last year tried the slp single for "more torque". The pipe was a total headache to set up, it never ran right. SLP sells a new heat shield for thier single pipe that is supposed to help. They came out with the heat shield late in the year last season, don't know if it helps or not.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-17-1999, 08:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I run the SLP single, porting and stock head custom cut, v-force reeds and now the 144" track and fox shocks on the stock suspension. Jack Struthers at Carl's in Boise set mine up and it runs awesome. The only other RMK that I ran with last year that could out climb me was another '99 RMK. Same setup from Carl's but had the SLP twin pipes and a 141" camo, mine was a 2" x 136". He could himark me but I could eat his lunch up through the trees.

It pays to have a good setup.

Mark
PowderBound
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-17-1999, 08:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What clutching were you running? I am going to be running the same pipe and engine mods with a 156".

Corey

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode