air box modification for 99 summit x - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-08-1999, 11:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

air box modification for 99 summit x

just wondering if anyone could me advise on how to modify the air box on my 99 summit x. I read in one of my snowmobile magazines that it was possible to squeeze a few more ponies out by doing this. any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-08-1999, 11:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: air box modification for 99 summit x

Xray--I didn't do mine myself--I had Weller Recreation in Utah do mine but it is well worth the effort or $ which ever you choose. It mainly consists of drilling 4 1" holes on the sided of the main vent and going up a size or 2 on your jets. Sorry I don't have the exact size but in last fall's Snowwest I believe it had the setup when they ran the RMK's and X's together set up from the different dealers--Weller's was the one that ran the best in the tests. For what it's worth.

NATE
REDEYE RACING
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-09-1999, 01:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: air box modification for 99 summit x

The to Summit X's in the Snowest dealer shootout posted very close results, but I believe they actually gave the "King of the Hill" title to Tom's Snowmobile Service. Not that that classification from Snowest means anything. If you reviewed the specification tables it is pretty apparent that Snowest mixed up the modifications that Weller and Tom had performed.

Since you also from Alaska, you might get a more useful calibration from Tom who is located in CA and may deal with riders from lower altitudes more often than Weller who is in Utah.

Tom sells widening kits and Fox shocks too. He can be reached at 530-862-1128.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode