what brand of snowmobiles does everyone prefer? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-07-1999, 12:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

what brand of snowmobiles does everyone prefer?

I was just wondering what does everyone prefer(Polaris,Artic Cat,Ski Doo,EXE...
And why do you prefer it? I personally prefer Polaris sleds because I have had nothing but good times with them!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-07-1999, 01:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: what brand of snowmobiles does everyone prefer?

all of them!! I haven't rode enough of each brand to judge yet. yeah, so i had a lemon ski-doo, doesn't mean they all are lemons

Keith
<font color=red>89/91 cr 125</font color=red>
<font color=blue>89 Yamaha SRV</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-07-1999, 04:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sleds today are all pretty much the same. I prefer to ride Polaris though. I have been on a lot of sleds and find my RMK 700 to be the best overall sled I have ever been on.

Mark
PowderBound
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-07-1999, 05:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I like Polaris sleds. I own a 2000 RMK 700 (my first sled) I can't tell you anything from experience, but I sure do like the way my
RMK looks.
Jack

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-07-1999, 10:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

POLARIS IS THE PERFERED IN MY HILL< BUT THEY ARE ALL GOOD IN SOME WAY. THE FACT IS I RIDE 98 XLT WITH TO MANY EXTRAS AND I STILL CAN'T GET THE HIGHEST MARK ON THE HILL. MY BUDS ALL RIDE 98 & 99 600 & 700 RMK'S AND NOW I HAVE 2000 700 IN THE TRAILER JUST WAITING FOR THE SNOW. SO IT'S THE OLD ( JOIN THEM OR WAIT TILL THEY COME DOWN )

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-08-1999, 01:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm going to have to jump in here. I am a Polaris owner, 1- 700 RMK, and 3- 500EFISKS's. As well a Yamaha Phazer and now a 700 Summit. I have liked Polaris in the past, But I think Skidoo is where it's at now. For the steep and deep, I don't think anything will perform as well as a Summit. Remember I own a Tri-City set up 700rmk. But after riding the Summit 700 prototype a couple times last year, There is now a Yellow sled sitting next to the RMK in the trailer. I have mixed emotions, but for the dependablitiy aspect, I think that Skidoo has their finger on it. As was mentioned to me in a previous post, I guess have crossed over to the dark side. But from what I've seen so far, I'm liking it.

Adrian

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-09-1999, 01:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had a 94 XLT, loved it; had a 98 700RMK, really loved it; and I have a 00 800RMK, want to make love to it!! I thinkPolaris is great and have riden them for 15 years. I think Ski-doo is great and would ride them in a heart beat if it weren't for the RMK line up. Can't take anything away from either one, but just really like the feel of a Polaris. Anthony.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-30-1999, 09:20 PM
deepnsteeP

no competition: redline. redline has superior suspension to the big 4 designs. I cannot understand why someone didn't think of it sooner. It has the looks and power also. The 4 stroke will be an excellent choice for people wanting to tour Yellowstone Park.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-30-1999, 09:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I ride a 94 yamaha right now, but in the near future will be looking into a new sled. The thing is that I just don't know what I will like. I like the looks of the summits, rmks, and the mountain max's, but I have no idea how I would like how they ride. I would definately like to find the sled that fits my style before I spend a lot of money on it. Do many dealers offer something that lets you test a sled for a trip up into the mountain or anything of the sort?

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-01-1999, 12:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

98 700 RMK Just put a hotseat pipe and delta 2 reeds on it. Polaris is all I've ever owned. My second
choice would be a Summit never ridden one just heard nothing but great remarks and the great engine
they have. I rode a ZR 700(dealer was trying to set it up to try and run with the 700 RMK) last year
and I was somewhat impressed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode