Snowmobile Organizations - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-02-1999, 05:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Snowmobile Organizations

At the risk of sounding too pushy...One of the things that organizations struggle with is membership. In Idaho we have some 30,000 registered snowmobiles, but membership in our state association consistently runs at about 1,800. So I'm kind of curious from what appears to be a diverse and wide ranging geographic group: If you don't belong to a snowmobile club or organization, what is the perception out there that keeps people from joining and what could clubs offer or do to make them more accessible/desirable. Please be honest if you choose to answer. This is also, not a solicitation to join a particular club, nor will you be. I am just trying to build a library of information to show how organizations are percieved by the user community. Thanks for your help and patience. If you prefer to reply directly and not to the group, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Neil

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-02-1999, 08:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Snowmobile Organizations

Other than my $$ going toward land and environmental issues, why join? In the past, I have donated money to clubs but never really gotten involved in the meetings and such. I think that most people are not informed of the benefits that clubs have to offer, myself included. I am not a casual rider, in fact I tend to ride in groups of four to eight riders heading cross country for 50 to 60 miles on a day. When I think of riding with a club, I automatically think of this group of 20 to 50 sleds all trying to stay together on a trail. What a pain. In fact I went for part of a ride one day where over 100 sleds took part in the ride. I lasted all of about 10 miles.
What I would like to see in a club is people helping people. Things like: Winter survival classes, Avalanch safety, how to sessions like installing performance products, how to maintain your sled, doing basic maintenance, reviewing safety issues, land issues........ I could go on for ever.

Just a few of my thoughts.

Mark
PowderBound
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-02-1999, 08:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I live in California and have been unable to locate any clubs.Is there any clubs in California?
Thanks Jack###########################

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-03-1999, 03:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am a new to the sport, but plan to join up to 5 clubs. I do not think spending around $100 to try and ensure the availability of the trails is too much. While I do hope to meet/make some new friends, and help with trails in the off season. I do not think I could ride along in a group of 100 sled's for very long either.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode