97 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-31-1999, 04:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

97 Ski-Doo MXZ 670

Looking at a 97 Ski-Doo MXZ 670. I'm new to the sport but enjoy speed and power. Is this sled up my ally? I have a fiancee who might ride with me a few times, but not much, thats why I'm leaning towards a single seat. How does the MXZ handle two riders (the fiancee is about 100lbs)?. How about reliablity ? Thanks for reading, hope to here soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-01-1999, 06:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 97 Ski-Doo MXZ 670

I put over 6K/miles on mine with few problems. I needed to replace the oil pump seal last season, and have the primary clutch replaced (factory recall). Other than that it was just regular care and feeding. As for if it will carry a passenger......SkiDoo does not recommend it...but it can be done. It certainly has the power...space is a little on the cramped side. I have done it...but it is not an incredibly pleasant experience (but then I don't like carrying passengers).
Neil

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-02-1999, 08:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Go for it! You'll love the power of a ski-doo! They handle like a dream! I dont know how comfortable 2 riders would be...but that goes with any brand of sled with a 1 up seat. You defenatly wouldnt have trouble with power though! Good Luck!

MXZ583

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-02-1999, 03:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The MXZ 670 is one of the best sleds ever built by Ski-Doo. The engine is strong as is the chassis. Forget about riding 2-up for any distance--maybe an occassionaly ride here and there, but that's all... If you plan on riding double a lot, you should consider a different sled (Touring SE, etc).

GL

Adam [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

MXZ 600
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-18-1999, 05:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

This is a great sled ! But it depends where your riding. I live in Utah and I usally ride a Summit X because the MXZ looses power as elevation increases.But in the spring when the snow is more hard packed I spend my time on the MXZ.I have never had any problems with mine,I even had the air box drilled out and it peped it up a lot.So if your back east or midwest I don't think you can go wrong.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-18-1999, 10:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you go with the MXZ 670 look into the Seat Jack, it is an seat that fits over the bun. Made in Canada and is approved by CSA. Excellent product

Tom E Longname
Remove Spam from address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode