clothing - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-18-1999, 10:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

clothing

what is opinion on best coat,gloves,bibs for mobiling. Is it worth the money to buy gortex? What offers the best comfort?

steve ( my wife's name is all i could find that would allow me to register)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-20-1999, 08:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: clothing

I personnally like a fasionable jacket, Not leather (too heavy) Gore-tex bibs- a lot of money but a dry rear end is necessary for great comfort. A good quality helmet with a double pane shield(could save your life), regular 5 finger gloves,not mitts(the handlebar heaters will keep your hands warm). And get some quality boots $100-$200.

Livin 4 the RED TEAM----POLARIS Ride The Best.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-25-1999, 06:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

When my wife started sledding last year I new that to keep her interest the absolute most important issue was how to keep her
warm and dry. Our answer was to buy her cabelas gore-tex bibs, for around 120 bucks and cabelas gor-tex systems gloves for 39 bucks
These are what I wear and both our neighbors ride with the same exact gear as us now and we are all totally happy with it. We ride
in the mountains of the north west in all kinds of weather, heavy snow falls, sunny warm days, spring moist damp rides and have never
once gotten wet inside, ever. we totally swear by gore tex and have been totally satisfied with all Cabelas merchandiseHope this helps.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-25-1999, 11:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

that price on gor-tex sounds very reasonable. any suggestions on best place to purchase? I live in Washington state also.

thanks,
Steve

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-26-1999, 10:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cabela's clothing has to be purchased directly from Cabelas. They are a mail order company based out of Nebraska and their main focus is on hunting/fishing, but they have excellent products and their customer service can't be beat. Try www.cabelas.com and you will either find what you are looking for or you can order a catalog.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-26-1999, 10:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just got my x-mas cabelas catalog, and am debating about buyuing some of their winter wear, they seem to have some good product, and reasonable prices.

Ahatch
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-26-1999, 06:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was wondering if anyone knew of any snow wear that is comfortable for a pretty tall and big guy. I'm about 6"3, and I have trouble finding long enough pants, especially good bibs. I've found tons of clothes dealers on the internet such as: reima.fi denniskirk.com joerocket.com jrgraham.com
I just don'w want go through all the trouble if I don't know they will fit right.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-26-1999, 10:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My name is Candy and i also live in Wash. State ride mostly Mt. Adams, i allways had realy good luck with SnoRider Clothes, never got wet. Also heard that Reima Clothes are realy good but a little more spendier. THINK DEEP&DEEP !!!

Candy
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-03-1999, 09:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

PLEASE let me know what you find!!! I am 6'5", 230lbs and have not had any luck finding any bibs that fit me. Right now I wear CHEAP ($30) nylon bibs from Farm&Fleet. I wrap plastic (food wrap) over sweat pants from my knees to my butt before getting into my bibs - I still get wet!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-03-1999, 12:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just ordered some gore-tex bibs from Cabelas. they have big sizes and extra tall sizes. Kinda spendy, but I think they will be good. If not, then I'm going to do some bitching. I'll let ya know how they fit when I get them in a couple weeks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode