Polaris good or bad - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-14-1999, 06:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Polaris good or bad

I just bought a 1992 Polaris Indy 650 RXL. It is in good condition. Because it was sandblasted so it has little rust. And runs good I think. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this machine. like what is its up's and its down's, its top speed, and what I can do to make it have more performance with out sinking big bucks into it. I was also wondering if it is a good sled for a 15 year old that has riden snowmobiles before but has never owned one. Thanks,bean

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-15-1999, 11:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Polaris good or bad

I would think it might be a little too much for a 15 year old, but it should be a good sled. It probably has 90-95 horse stock, and it is most likely going to be costly to do much to it. I had my 92 650 up to 95-96 miles an hour, but keep in mind it was long tracked with an inch and a half track. (136X1-1/2, I remember when that was huge paddles and super long) You have to change the computer chip to pipe it. Stock it should be a reliable sled. tip #1. change the battery anually. They don't run at all if the battery goes bad. #2. Have the computer checked anually, they check all the sensors, and the general set up, just keeps em crisp and running good. Also, the EFI is good on the thumb, But the sled is a little heavy.

How many miles? and how much?

Ahatch

Ahatch
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-15-1999, 09:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It has 6,800 miles on it. when it reached 6,000 miles it had 95 fox racing shocks on the front and the back shocks were replaced. the window has also been changed. the gas tank has also been changed. Look at the pics of it on this web page http://home.sprynet.com/~erp/sled.html I bought it for 1,800 look at it and tell me if you think that is a good price or not? thanks,bean

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-24-1999, 07:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That is a good but heavy sled. SLP Ultra light skies make it handle like it's 20 lbs lighter in front. A Polaris almond/gold primary spring, 40/36 helix and PSI blue in hole2 or Hot Seat white secondary spring in hole 3 will add snap after you get the feel of riding a sled this big.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode