88 SRV carb??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-10-1999, 11:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

88 SRV carb???

Hi,
I have a stock Keihin buttfly carb, on my rockin' 88 yamaha SRV (first sled). Right know the enricher swich on the carb doesn't seem to be working right. I had to run the end of last season with the switch by passed so that it was constantly closed (constant current). The switch is supposed to engage when the throttle is closed and disingage when the throttle is open. Right now I really don't know what the switch dose and why it is there. When it is in the circuit, the sled idles fine, but putters out and stalls when the throttle is opened. It seems to be running fine right now (a little boggy) with the switch constanly closed. A friend of mine told me that it is fine to run with the enricher switch constantly claosed, but it must have a function.(right?). If any one can add anything to help, please do!

88 SRV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-13-1999, 12:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 88 SRV carb???

Mmmmm I don't think thats a enriching switch or whatever you called it .. It is part of the T.O.R.S. (throttle over ride system use in place of a teather switch) that kills the motor if the throttle sticks open and you let go of the hand flipper .. I think you may have a bad throttle lever switch if when you plug the wires in right an gas it it won't go over 2500 rpm give or take a few rpm . But the sled will rock on with the plugs connected to each other as to form a feedback loop on each wire (read plugged into itself) You can run like this forever but you have NO safety device incase the throttle should stick WFO !!!! Good luck and have fun srv is a nice starter sled
Rod M

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode