RMK 144" track - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-04-1999, 10:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

RMK 144\" track

What's up with the 144 incher? When I snowchecked a 2000 RMK 700 last spring the dealer said it would be $100 or maybe $200 difference with a trade-in of the 136". Now they tell me it's not a trade but a straight purchase and have no idea of how much it will cost. My 700 is still in it's crate waiting on an answer from Polaris. Any answers from you guys?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-04-1999, 01:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: RMK 144\" track

I just picked up my 700 the other day and was told the price of the 144" was about 1500.00 canadian(northern peso). They would give me 700.00 or 800.00 for the 136" rails and track. They (dealer) also said they wouldnt recommend the 144" for the 700 as the track speed would drop too much, unless you start the moneypit of pipes, porting etc. I'll run er like it is! Who knows.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-04-1999, 02:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

144" conversion kit is $750.00 installation. I work at Renton motorsports in Renton WA. and we will do it on `00 models only for $700.00 installed....we keep your old parts. That is a good deal considering it is a 3-4 hr process.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-04-1999, 06:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I spoke with my dealer today and they think that they can do it for $350 - $400 with a trade-in. I don't know if that price is for his buyers only or what. He did say the 136" track had to be new. I would have thought that the clutching would be the only real thing that needed changing to go to a little longer track. If I've got to do engine mods, I'll forget the 144" and run the 136" too.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-04-1999, 10:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Our group has had several stock 700's with the Camoplast 141" track with no major speed degridation, clutching mods or pipes & porting. (Many with all of the above too though) I don't expect the 144" is going to be a lot different. I am selling my used '99 2" track with 1800 miles to an Arctic cat guy for $350. My dealer will sell me the new track for $525 plus tax. The extensions are another $50 or so. There are many others out there willing to do the same thing, dealers and Arctic cat fans. Dive in and change your own track. You will be a better person for having learned how to do something mechanical on your sled. If you don't know where to start, just ask for help on the BBS. That is what this is all about.

Mark
PowderBound
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-08-1999, 11:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The 144 turns as easy as the 141 Camo and the '99 stock 700 turns it absolutely fine.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-09-1999, 08:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm glad to hear back from guys who've run the longer tracks. My dealer quoted $350 for the track, rails, and tunnel extension, (with trade)plus $150 if they install it. This seems very fair. Questions: How do the 141's handle? I'm not a straight up and down rider, I live for climbing through the trees. I'm sure it'll float like crazy, but how much tougher is it to dip and dive through the timber? Also, how does it handle big jumps?

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-18-1999, 05:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you like tree cruzn' you'll like the longer track starting out in deep powder is a lot easier. As for the turning part no problem. Learn to get the sled on it's side a little to get some of the track off the ground and around you go. As for jumping, Go Big.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-22-1999, 09:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

HI I was at my dealer yesterday and asked when the 144" tracks were coming in and he said that they got a reply few days ago that the kits would not be in till late Nov or early Dec now. Has anyone else heard this too?

Brian D

[email protected]
[email protected]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-23-1999, 09:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My dealor called yesterday and told me to come pick mine up. I ordered it last June though.

Mark
PowderBound
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode