Hi-Fax Replacement - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-02-1999, 11:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi-Fax Replacement

I have a '99 RMK 600 with an Xtra-10 suspension that needs the hi-fax replaced. My dealer says to remove the suspension as does the service manual. My question is, can you remove the hi-fax instead by sliding it out thru the track window. Anyone with experience have some good advice?

Visit our homepage at http://www.mcn.net/~bikemaker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-02-1999, 11:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Hi-Fax Replacement

You dont have to remove the skid but you do have to drop the back end of the skid out of the tunnel then you can push the track to one side or the other to get the Hifax out it will not come out through the window.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-04-1999, 07:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes you can replace them without removing the skid frame. Loosen your track, unbolt the hifax in the front, rotate your track so your track lugs do not interfere with the hifax when it comes out the track window, slide the hifax out the window till you can grab it with some pliers and pull it out. Reverse the process on installation. Hint.....a mallet and liquid soap help easr this process. It works like a dream and you DO NOT have to drop the skid! Hope this helps you out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-08-1999, 09:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You can't get the hifax out of the track window on an RMK. I believe someone else recommended loosening the track up, dropping the back end of the suspension and then working the track to one side or the other. That should work, and is almost as much work as taking the skid completely out.:-)

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-08-1999, 11:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree with dan take it the skid right out, you can get a slider out of a polaris 1 3/4 track if you really work at it, i tryed that approach :-(( but way faster if you take the skid right out.

Attached Images
File Type: gif 37-74-wildlogobluesmal.gif (1.1 KB, 8 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-08-1999, 05:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the replies. Snowchaser was correct. The hi-fax did slide out thru the track window. I only loosened the track first.

Visit our homepage at http://www.mcn.net/~bikemaker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode