CAT vs YAMAHA - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2003, 08:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

CAT vs YAMAHA

GOTTA question ???? I've owned cats forever. Presently have an 01 ZL600 EFI ESR with about 5600 miles on it so its time to look at trading again. Yamaha's Viper has really taken my eye and I'm looking for "REAL" info on these sleds from their owners not opinions from sled mags and the likes. So how about it Viper owners lets have the real stuff on your sleds. Thanks PJ [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2003, 07:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: CAT vs YAMAHA

Hi, may Dad has a new Viper and the suspension and handeling are unbelieveable however, he just got it about 4 weeks ago and he and I were not as impressed with the power as I thought we should have beeen, now if power isnt really a big thing with you, and sometimes it isnt get one, I personally would trade in your sled (witch I think is beautiful) and get a new mountain 900, this is an increadable machine and nothing else can touch it. My Buddie has one and he is like 300 + pounds, he raced a guy who is about 150 on a brand new summit 800 and murdered him, carried the skis for the entire race. I was in aw. Seriously think about getting another Cat though, you will get a way better deal if you talk to the guy who sold you your sled. I have a 98 600efi and love it, not too many 600s can take it but it is lacking in the traction and suspension dept. I am gonna get me a 900 soon Hope this helps. Tanner
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 02:37 PM
oultman

You'll be very pleased with the viper, as for having no power, haha, I don't know what he means, they are a very quick single piped 700. They are well mannered on the trail, handling and cornering are top notch. They are also very economical to drive compared to that cat of yours. The suspension will not be as nice as your zl, but that is not saying much since the ZL and ZR have just about the best suspension out there. If you want a good Yamaha site, go to totallyamaha.com and go to the message board. These guys are all yamaha owners and will give you the ins and outs. Good Luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 05:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

IN WHAT WAYS WOULD YOU THINK THE VIPER SUSPENSION WOULD BE LACKING COMPARED TO MY CAT ? ALSO THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. PJ
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 07:20 PM
oultman

The viper suspension will seem a bit more stiff then your cat suspension, thats not to say its not a comfortable sled, and for the most part it will be fine, it'll be those sharp bumps you'll feel more on the viper. The cat has got a long travel and seems to eat the bumps up better. With some fine tuning the pro action suspension on the viper can be a good one, but you'll not find anything better than the cat. You'll soon forget about that though, that is once you get to try ou the smooth throttle feel of the triple. The throttle response is excellent especially compared to cats, and the triple runs so smooth, I don't think you'll be disappointed with a viper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode