FYI on skidoo service - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 11:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

FYI on skidoo service

I have had many problems with my 99 MXZ 700. One is the computer, I replaced it late February last year then got to put my sled back in the garage due to winter being over, well I need another computer this year and skidoo won't replace it because it's 90 parts warranty! The first one should not have quit on me!!! I have made many calls....so did my dealer, bottom line I told them I will never buy another thing from ski-doo again! (total money I wanted refunded was only $300, dealers cost for 2nd computer, the dealer sold it to me for that to help me out)
Thank You Ski-Doo for sticking by your products and helping your customers, ohh yehh I paid without complaint for the new speedo gear drive that mounts beneath the speedometer quit at 246 miles, I also paid for the new engine when a seal failed and heated up the piston walls at about 1,500 - 1,800 miles (miles=no speedo for a while remember). Two computers and one fuel pump. I am the original owner! Total bills so far about $2,300. This thing still has original slides on it! Its usually in the shop! BTW 4 sale!

Travis Gray

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 02:16 PM
oultman

Re: FYI on skidoo service

Thats really too bad, I've never heard too much trouble about the MXZ. The whole thing about it being 90's parts, that really makes no sense. In fact isn't the MXZ 700 a 00' model, I thought they were 670's until 99. In 99' the 600 was released in the new ZX chasis, and all the rest were not. Anyway that is beside the point. I would keep doing what your doing, let everyone know, and keep bugging them, send them letters and email, send some stuff into papers, people think this has no effect on companies like this, but it has a great effect on them. Anyways, just remember the blue team (yamaha) will always welcome new riders, haha. If you ever went to a 700 triple from Yamaha, you'd wonder why you ever bought that in the first place, haha. Seriously though, I think you got a lemon, I know a lot of guys who ride 99-03 MXZs and they are all strong runners.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 05:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: FYI on skidoo service

Hey pretty good on the Ski-Doo year thing, actually when you look up values under www.nada.com and www.kellybluebook.com (www.kbb.com) only one of them lists MXZ 700 for 1999, also many parts catalogs are the same. My sled was a demo from the dealer, I should have listened to myself, you never buy the first year of production! Anyway thanks for your supportfull<<<if that a word, e-mail, now please send me $2,300 cash! ;-)

Happy Trails!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode