CANT STEER!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 06:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

CANT STEER!!!

On Saturday I had to go to Cat and pick up a new clutch for my Zr600 efi, I put the clutch on and it worked flawlessly. I rode it a bit then started to notice that my steering was really loose, I have not ha this problem before so I went back to my shop and opened up the hood. I can turn the handlebars all I want they are lose as hell, but the skiis dont do a thing. The shaft the bars are connected to moves and so does the ball joint attached to that. The spindle that is attached to the two tie rods for the skiis to move almost looks like it broke the weld but there is no weld there to break! Is there a spline inside it or what! I know that the new mountain 900s are welded because my buddie has one and we looked long and hard at that but mine is different. Can I just tack the thing together or should I go and spend some bucks on a whole new spindle? Thanks alot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 11:43 PM
oultman

Re: CANT STEER!!!

It's been awhile since I have seen the front suspension on a cat, I kind of forget what they are like. My advice is to take the thing apart and find out for yourself. If it is something broke in there, I would not weld it unless you are certain there is not much pressure on it. Usaully things like that break to prevent futher and more expensive damage. It it is broke, I would look into getting a new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode