Off Roading Forums banner

RPC Stealth Pipe

3K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a quick question. I just got an RPC Stealth Pipe for my Phazer from a friend. He doesn't remenber jetting or clutching specs for it. Does anyone here know them? Has anyone here used this pipe? How much more power will I get from it. The phazer is a 1986.

Thanks for your time.

G
#3 ·
hmmm, sorry, I have never even heard tell of them before. The best thing to do is try to contact the manufacturer. Search on the net for the manuft. and try to find a number, then go from there. Sorry i couldn't be more help, I know what its like waiting to get an answer. Good Luck with it.

#5 ·
Go up two sizes from stock jetting and work your way back down if necessary. I have never heard of this manufacturer but they should be close to Aaen specs. Install a Red-Blue primary spring (part no. 90501-55343-00) for lower elevations. Aaen produced an extra 14 Hp with their pipe. When you are piping a Phazer make sure you do the primary nozzle mod or you will burn down in the midrange. Here is a copy of some of my notes on piping a Phazer.

For single pipe change the primary nozzle to part no. 80L 14489-00-00. This nozzle has a thru hole which allows the nozzle to draw more fuel to enrich the midrange operation of the carb. With a pipe it needs more fuel in the midrange or lean seizures result.
A different main nozzle part no. 8Y2 14941-2A-00 may also be put in but I found it to cause a bog off idle. It's purpose is to enrichen the carb just off idle somewhat. I think this mod is mainly for a big bore engine and not required for the normal 485 cc stock engine.

G
#7 ·
RPC stands for Richert Performance Center. If I remember correctly they are in Wisconsin (Milwaukee??) I looked and looked on the net and never found them. I stumbled across their address by accident but can't remember it for the life of me. Hope this helps....

G
#8 ·
Hi,
Sorry for the long delay in a reply, I ended up getting everyting dialed in real good. I ended up going from 95 on the pilot to 110 and 143.8 to 150 on the main. I also did the primary nozzle mod and everyting seems to be perfect.

Thanks for all suggestions.

G
#9 ·
What's the RPC pipe sound like? I have an AEEN on my 91 and it sounds I guess what you would call "throaty". Several years ago when I was riding Deere's, I had two Phazers go past while we were taking a break and they had the sweetest "buzz" to them. I ask around and most people thought it was probably an RPC pipe. Just curious....

G
#11 ·
GOOD!!! I guess if you get a ticket, you'll swap me evenup for a stock pipe.....JP...
I have 2 '90's stock and the '91 that's piped and clutched. I'll have to say, the '91 has "much" quicker holeshot and accelleration. Almost as quick as a stock Exciter.

G
#12 ·
Nope, I will NEVER get rid of this pipe. My sled always had a clutch kit in it and now with this pipe it is incredibly fast. My friend has a phazer with the identical clutch kit (he made mine for me) and a PSI pipe. Long story short, my sled is A LOT faster than that one. I also beat a newer Polaris Super Sport with it. That really surprised me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.