Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Snowmobile Lounge (https://forums.off-road.com/snowmobile-lounge/)
-   -   Do we need a snow dance? (https://forums.off-road.com/snowmobile-lounge/146960-do-we-need-snow-dance.html)

deepnsteeP 12-12-2002 09:30 PM

Do we need a snow dance?

Man!.....I got that itch. You know that one that starts in your throttle thumb that works it's way all the way up 'till you're making snowmobile noises with your mouth. That's when you know it's way too late to not have enough snow to get out and thrash on the snowmobile a bit. Anyways...no snow to speak of yet here in Montana. Lookin' for some people to take part in a little collective thinking experiment. Heh....what can it hurt. We all just need to think "Snow" at the same time, and theoretically, it should start snowing where we want it to. The more people we have, the better chances we have. Like I say.....what do we have to lose. At 8pm Mountain time on 12/15/2002 think "Snow." Please help out a man that's about to lose it!!!!

4x4_Austin_Mini 01-08-2003 08:03 AM

Re: Do we need a snow dance?

I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario(Canada) and we have no snow, zip, notta, nothing. This is the second year in a row like this. Usually we have 4 foot snowbanks by now. But that's okay, I still go sledding a couple tomes a week. I ride my sled through farmers fields. It's a lot of fun. It's just like riding on a hard pack trail except that off the line my 74 ski-doo elan does wheelies for about 10 feet. Hopefully there'll be snow soon. 8 miles out of town there is 6 inches of snow, so it's pretty close. [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]

mobyguzzer 01-09-2003 01:36 AM

No snow here in South Dakota either, it was 67 degrees today good grief!! I'm heading to my brothers this weekend in ohio, he promises plenty of snow, we'll see.

snowmancat 01-09-2003 10:34 PM

I live in Idaho and we are not doing much better on snow to find good snow you have about a 100 mile drive and if you want to ride in mud/dirt/snow you have about 20 miles. also the riding across farmers fields are fun and you can stand the skies up and all but last weekend me and a guy were hill climbing. Really there was not enough snow... Well alright there was hardley any but I broke to motor mountsand my drive clutch....ouch but if you think the go good on flat ground try going up a hill... U will love it
So think snow [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

4x4_Austin_Mini 01-10-2003 09:10 AM

The only problems that I've had in farmers fields is that one of my bogie wheels exploded and the long grass has a tendesy to rap around the rear cog wheels. But my friend on the other hand was puttin along and his handlebars snapped off and the throttle pinned open as he fell off and the sled went flying into a tree. Oops!

Elan74 01-10-2003 07:21 PM

Yes that tree did hurt and it hurt my sled pretty bad. And I didn't hit the tree just the sled did I was running behind it!!! [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] It's amazing how fast a single cylinder elan will go with no one on it [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]