JAKECOE Racing: Round 1 of the Mickey Thompson / Kal-Gard SxS Stadium Series - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Short Course Racing Forum to talk about Short Course Racing from coast to coast. National, regional, local.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

JAKECOE Racing: Round 1 of the Mickey Thompson / Kal-Gard SxS Stadium Series

Mickey Thompson / Kal-Gard SxS Stadium Series Presented by SKIN Industries
Round 1
February 21st 2009
JAKECOE Racing kicked off the 2009 racing season with an exciting display of competitive wheel-to-wheel action. No race win is ever free, but rather every position, turn, and pass is a battle to be won. Perris Automotive Speedway created a perfect venue and a technical track for short course racing. The weather could not have been better, the stands were full and the crowds enjoyed a full night of fierce offroad competition.

Skin Industries, the title sponsor of JAKECOE Racing enlisted a talented team of drivers to brawl it out in several classes. The #99 SKIN SuperLite of Kyle Leduc proved that he was the fastest man on the track. Jake Frederiksen entered into competition with a brand new Leduc Offroad Modified Kart Chassis and was able to dual it out with many of the top drivers of the class. Rookie Brooke Kawell in the #08 SKIN JR1 Kart was able to get a feel for her new ride and get some seat time during an exciting race.

The SuperLite Heat Races proved to be an exciting lead into what the Main Event laid in store later in the night. Kyle Leduc and rival SuperLite Driver Chuck Dempsey went head to head for 8 laps and exchanged the lead position a number of times, even several lead passes were made in the course of one lap. Kyle commented after the 1st heat,
”I was kinda bummed that there were only two entries in our class, but Chuck and I were able to make an epic race out of it.” The #99 SKIN SuperLite performed flawlessly and earned its 1st victory of the night.

Jake Frederiksen had these comments to say after his 1st heat race while prepping his #543 SKIN Modified Kart for action. “It was perfect, Kyle’s new chassis design makes for a nice advantage over the rest of the field. My Kart feels and looks much more stable. This was my first time racing with the #543 and we finished with zero problems.”

Brooke and the #08 SKIN JR1 Kart had a typical first night under the lights. Practice and the Heat Racing went well and when the green flag dropped during the main, Brooke fought hard to retain her position and make ground on the leading competitors. It was all for not on lap 5 when the #08 slipped a belt leaving her high and dry on the inside of turn 4.

JAKECOE Racing’s second main of the night featured Jake and his Modified Kart Designed by Leduc Offroad. Jake started 8th and got off to a great start. The competition was fierce and the #543 Kart battled closely with Jake for the majority of the race till the other Trophy Kart body disintegrated as both drivers piloted into turn 4. #543 kept a straight line into the corner and forced Jake way outside. Jake held his composure, made the pass and avoided what was a near wreck finishing the race in 6th position.

After the race, Jake stated “I am really excited about the new JAKECOE Racing Program, and I am looking forward to making the podium. The new OMF wheels & Tires are really solid and hook up everywhere. Kal-Gard has been one of our long time supporters and makes it happen for us every week, plus I get to finish off the weekend with a helicopter hot lap of PAS courtesy of Kal-Gard.”

The night of racing and main event ended in spectacular fashion with Kyle doing what he does best. “I got by Chuck pretty quick, and I went after the leader in that V8 powered ProLite. He had an easy 10 car lengths on me before the competition caution. When the Green Flag dropped I put the pressure on and initiated the lights and sirens. It worked because in turn 3 he bicycled through the corner and then got tossed sideways through the whoops causing him to wreck. That is when I got by basically driving right under him. It was way to close for comfort, but I got the win and that is what we came here for.”

JAKECO RACING has scheduled to participate in these series and events for 2009.
- 2009 SXS Stadium Series - M4SX
- American Off Road Series - Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series
- Ricky Johnson Off Road Gran Prix - http://www.wsorr.com/ (select rounds)
- Dirt Alliance Dirt Tour Exhibition - http://www.dirtalliance.com/
- Extreme Motorsports Expo - Extreme Motorsports EXPO!!! 2009

Make sure to stop by the pit at any of the posted races, where JAKECOE Racing will be handing out free Skin T-Shirts, stickers, driver cards, and autographed posters. Stay tuned for a new JAKECOE Racing Website soon to be launched.

JAKECO Racing wanted to make a special thanks to Mike Peck and the crew of Temecula Motorsports. Their dedication to supplying the performance community with outstanding sales and service is leaps and bounds above your average motorsport shopping experience. Make sure to stop by Temecula Motorsports and discover how their team of knowledgeable staff can help you.

JAKECOE Sponsors
Skin Industries - Skin Industries
OMF - OMF Performance Products | Skid Plates, Beadlocks, Brackets, & Rims
Kal-Gard - Kal Gard High Performance Oil and Accessories
Temecula Motorsports - Motorcycle Accessories, Fox Racing, Motocross Gear, Yamaha Parts, Motorcycles & More in California.
Rocket Exhaust - R O C K E T E X H A U S T::HOME
PRP - Premier Racing Products | Intro
Iti Performance Motorsports - ITI Motorsports
K&N Filters - K&N High Performance Air Filters, Oil Filters, & Air Intakes - Official K&N Engineering Site
Race Tech - Race Tech Inc.

Contact info
Randy Frederiksen 951.834.3717
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode