Dissapointed in the " NEW" CORR choices - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Short Course Racing Forum to talk about Short Course Racing from coast to coast. National, regional, local.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 07:27 PM
crandonfan

Dissapointed in the \" NEW\" CORR choices

Does anybody in this new organization understand that dropping Antigo Wi and Droeser Wi from their stops not only puts a negative financial strain on these very small communities that have counted on these week-ends to make ends meet? Not to mention all the drivers from the "not so important" classes that make up 75% of the pits and 60-70% of the fans came to see first off. and what are they going to do now that the Baldwins have successfully dropped 2 races from the state ( bark river fought to keep theirs).At the World Championship at crandon this month I talked to several racers and all were confused about what was going to happen( and seen an alarming number of "FOR SALE" signs)We have raced in the CORR division for around the last 5 years and sold the truck last year and built a new one this year and finished it just in time for the World Championship in Crandon Wi but we got out of the Corr class and built a Classix 4x4 and had a great time, dont get me wrong I loved seeing Baldwin win and Carl getting 2nd and truly enjoy the pro4 and pro2 classes as well as the others but lets not forget the others that keep the life of it going, by going to see the neighbor next door race, the guy down the road race, the guy at work race, their brother-in-law race, the girl you seen at the store race,they came to see them race most importantly. I think they have forgotten about the good ol boys that started it all for them!!OFF_ROAD racing in wisconsin is as Important to us as it is in Southern California / Nevada. I went to the Terribles 250 3 years ago and was surprised at the fan turn out,I've seen more people waiting in line for Josh baldwins autograph at Crandon than I seen at the whole damn race. Hopefully the Baldwin's will realize the Impact their decisions have on small rural communities like the ones they are chosing to abandon that have supported them and cheered for them and kept a place open for them to race even though it may not be as prestigious as what they would like, maybe they could give me some understanding on why they are dropping 2 race tracks in wisconsin with out the pollitical bull **** sugar coating to confuse everybody and hope the subject get's dropped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode