Looking for the best F^% sand dune party ever! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Sand Lounge A forum for general discussion about dune-ing, dune destinations, upcoming trips, sandsports of all kinds.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 09:11 PM
Carnage

Looking for the best F^%$ing sand dune party ever!

Hey guys
A of few my buddies and me plan to take a trip this summer down from canada to the states to go ride some of the best dunes. Im [bleep] sick and tired of theses ****y canadian trails! I have been looking some good riding areas and Glamis dune's near Brawley CA, seems to be the place to go! Speacialy Thanksgiving and stuff. Basicly Im looking for the who,what,where,when of all dune partys. Tons of chicks, lots of bikes, party all night, ride all day!!!!
The only reason im not sure about going to Glamis is because I'm 2800 miles away of driving, wondering if its worth it????????

Thanks for your time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 01:36 PM
DSjockey

Re: Looking for the best F^%$ing sand dune party ever!

If it's a party you want then Glamis on a winter holiday weekend should fit the bill, it will be crowded, dusty and there will be lots of law enforcment activity. If you want to go during the summer you'll fry, day time temps well over 100 F are the norm so not too many folks out there, if you want to ride this summer you might try Little Sahara Utah, St. Anthonys Idaho, or the Oregon costal dunes. None of them will be partying as hard as Glamis (as in out of control) but if you hit on a holiday weekend there will be plenty of people partying at most of these locations, hope this helps
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2004, 05:22 PM
Carnage

How dusty does it get on holiday week-ends ???, can u still find a quiet spot to ride, or is it just packed everywhere??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 06:46 PM

i wouldnt worry how far it is away. im in alaska and i drove down to glamis a couple years ago cause it was my dream since i was a kid. i happened to go a couple weeks before thanksgiving so it wasnt very happening. i know oregon has killer dunes also. i would check out flawrence also. keep it pinned
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 11:55 PM

real dunes don't have dust. the sand might blow on a windy day. but dust like as in visibility not even an issue.
as for the long drive no dunes will ever compare to glamis. as for the partying no party will ever compare to glamis.. thanksgiving is the time to go. everyone says thanksgiving is for being with family and i say i know.
the people at glamis are my family.
oldsmobile during the day. sweet maries at dusk. fireworks all night ( used to be comp hill at night but the national guard chase us off now.) maybe alittle oldsmobile hill at night. you can go around the roadblock. [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode