Is it worth it? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Rock Racing Discussion of sanctioned Rock Crawling. Rockcross, or RockRacing events and competition in general.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 05:28 PM
marjammck

Is it worth it?

I am not a competitor but wonder if having rear steering is an evolution that will last. For one its cost is its high cost and takes away part of the difficulty, not to say its easy. A new class has been created for people with this option but I think it takes away from the original intent? What do you guys think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 07:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Is it worth it?

I really doubt you will see it on non-competing rigs for awhile. Even some compititors say they're not sure they like it. Just a small change in steering changes the feel of the whole vehicle. At a compitition where points=$$$$, it makes sense. But out on the trail with your buddies.... it's probably still just a gimmick (expensive at that).
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2002, 10:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hello guys,

I built a rear steering axle and was going to use elec over hydro....Was wondering if anyone knows a site where I can find info on a Auto centering device????? for atomatic straight tracking.....Thanks for the help!!!

Stepper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 10:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't think it's worth it. Rear steer is cool, and impressive, and can probably help on really, really hard core obstacles. Competition rigs aren't really using it that much because it costs them points. And for a trail rig the benefits don't out-weigh the costs... IMHO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode