What You All Think Of This? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Nitro For discussion of off-road, gas (Nitro) powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Family Left Me

What You All Think Of This?

I have an RC10GT in stock form right now and the engine finally died after not running an air-filter since it was new[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. That was 4 years ago though. But, now I want to rebuild the whole thing. I was thinking of the New Era Ultra RC10GT chassis with .21 engine conversion and the NovaRossi .21. Anyone have any experience with this package? http://www.neweramodels.com/agt206.htm

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.projectbigwilly.com

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 09:30 PM
portgrinder

Re: What You All Think Of This?

personally i don't think the 10gt could handle a .21.you'd be twisting $hit off everywhere. i just got a new os max 12cv-rx and that baby puts out about twice what my old yokomo did. the power is insane!!!!!!!! i looked on their website and it makes more power than all of their .15 motors. i would recomend looking at this motor before going to a .21

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2001, 03:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I wouldn't bother swapping to a .21 engine. get a .15 or a highquality .12 they are putting out a lot more power than they used to. My ofna factory modified .12 has horsepower to spare in my GTX. I hear that the trinity-picco engines are really potent, the chasis upgrade sounds worth it though.

Montana, The Last Best Place To Hide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 07:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey jason - nice to see you over here. i agree with these guys about the .15 engine. ive got one in my traxxas nitro stampede and the power is unreal! ive broken 2 MIP steel halfshafts which are supposedly "the strongest available". and the only mod ive done to mine is a k&n filter and MIP tuned pipe exhaust. when i floor it, the thing will pop a wheelie and drag the rear skid plate until i let off the throttle! you know whats really cool is to see an rc truck doing the goldberg tornado! or better yet - smokey super donuts. that reminds me....i need new tires [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 some goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Family Left Me

Yeah, I am over here often, theres just no traffic. Anyway, I have a .15 in there right now. It's an HPI .15SS engine. I havent yet put street tires on my gt so I don't know about the wheelies and such. I have the pro-line dirt works 2 on all 4 corners. The engine I have screams, well, screamed.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I just saw this chassis and I new I wanted it, but I saw the .21 conversion was only a few bucks more so I said what the heck but you guys don't recomend it huh?

Jason
Big Willy Style

post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 08:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i know what you mean about no traffic over here. anyways - i dont even have street tires, i got the masher tires that look like baja claws!

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 some goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Family Left Me

Whats the diameter of those tires? I have claws on my big truck and it would be cool to have a matching set. I had a set of the stock tires on there until around 1 month ago and i made them bald by driving on the street so I got the dirt works and I have never driven them on the street. Maybe they would probably do a wheelie too. Oh well, I like the dirt. I save the Goldburg style donuts for my 4 Wheel Steer Clodzilla IV.

Jason
Big Willy Style

post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 09:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the mashers are the 2.2" truck tires. heres a link to Tower Hobbies page with a pic of them. $13.99 a pair. they last pretty long too. the only time i wear em is when i spin donuts on the driveway. how do u like the dirt works? im thinking of getting the dirt hawgs as my next set. they are pretty cool looking and more of an all terrain. mainly just b/c its something different! i want to get a set of the cheapo rims and put some street tires on em just so i can play on the road and see how it handles

EDIT - correct that, i read wrong line. $12.99 a pair

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Family Left Me

Yeah, I have seen the Masher. And liked it. They just look taller than a normal 2.2" truck tire. Hey, what radio are you running? I am just gettin sick of my Airtronics crap. Nothing but problems. Since I have 3 RC Trucks and 2 more on the way I plan on biting the bullet and getting the JR R-1 PCM. http://www.modelflight.com.au/radio/surface/R1.htm Ever seen it or used it? Anyway, you have any other cars or trucks?

Jason
Big Willy Style

post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 09:54 PM
portgrinder

ive got 2.2 road hawgs on my gt on all 4 corners and they work awesome. i don't know if they make em anymore though. they look like indy car rain tires!

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode